Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A Remarkable Night

Tonight Justin and I had his Christmas party for school. It was at one of our favorite places- Spano’s. Nana and Pop babysat Ava Kate for us so we got a night out together. The food was delicious and Justin is blessed to work with some very wonderful people so it was nice to visit with them. Before we went to dinner we read the 2nd part of the advent story which was about the birth of baby Jesus. What a sweet moment to get to share that story with Ava for the first time. Of course I’m sure she doesn’t understand at all yet but it did make me look forward to the day when she does understand and the day when she accepts Jesus as her savior! As stories from the bible always seem to do, this time when I read the story of Jesus birth it had new meaning to me. Now that I have birthed a child I felt more connected to Mary than ever before having just a little more understanding of all the emotions that must have been going on inside her that night. I get so emotional thinking about the day of Ava’s birth and what an amazing day that was but can you imagine if you knew your child was the savior of the world! Wow, what a truly remarkable night that must have been for Mary!


No comments: