Saturday, December 5, 2009

Faith Like Mary

Our fifth advent activity was to read the story of the angel visiting Mary. As Justin read the story and I listened to the news Mary received and to her response of complete faith and trusting it was convicting. It made me think about all the little things that I don't trust God for on a daily basis- finding time to get things done, getting the rest I need, helping me with situations and tasks at work, being a patient wife and mother and it also made me think about some of the bigger things that I sometimes seem to give up on and lose faith that He will work out one day. I often just think of Mary as Jesus mother instead of thinking about her as an example of faith and trusting God whole heartedly. I pray that my faith will continue to grow and deepen and one day be as deep as Mary's was. I pray that I will always be an example to Ava Kate as my parents and grandparents were and still are to me of what complete trust in God looks like.

I could have used more of that faith today. Ava did not sleep much at all last night and since she has been sick she has wanted to be held most of the day and pretty much only by me. And today most of the time she did not want me to sit down. This morning my body was tired from lack of sleep and from standing and holding a 23 pound baby and I kept thinking how am I going to get through this day. Instead I should have been praying and trusting that God would give me the strength I needed to get through the day. Thank goodness even when I don't always ask and trust Him for what I need He still provides and He did give me the strength, patience and love to get through the day. And it actually ended up being a really good day at home with my family!








1 comment:

Robyn said...

i hope everyone is feeling better! i love reading the activities you are doing with ava and all of the sweet pics. ya'll are such a special family.