Sunday, December 6, 2009

Angel Tree

I am so thankful that everyone woke up feeling much better today! Ava Kate was back to her happy self today and was cracking us up dancing around in her jumper this morning. Instead of just jumping she was moving her little feet around almost like she was tap dancing. I am thrilled that she loves music and dancing both watching it and doing it just like me! Since everyone seemed to be feeling better we decided to get out of the house this afternoon and go to lunch and do a little shopping for our angels from angel tree- this was our day 6 advent activity. It is so easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of Christmas and get consumed with our plans and our family which aren't bad things but it is easy to forget there are so many people out there that aren't as blessed as we are. I hope to teach Ava Kate that there is much joy in giving especially to those in need and that this is something God calls us to do. We had two infant girls so it was fun to pick sweet little things out for them and to think we were able to help two baby girls probably not that different from ours.

2 comments:

that boy mitch, big O, and me! said...

i love your advent celebrations. do you still know where you found that christmas card craft?

Anonymous said...

It is never to early to teach our kids to be gracious and unselfish...thanks for reminding me of that. I wanted to take Harrison shopping for a child in need, but thought he would be too young to understand, but now I think I am going to and it is never to early to start. You are a wonderful mother! Glad everyone is feeling better.