Tuesday, December 1, 2009

On the First Day of Christmas...


Well today we began our 25 days of advent activities. We started our advent celebration off with tree night. To start things off we made some sausage balls and oreo truffles for snacking on. Justin got all of the Christmas boxes out of the garage for us. We got the tree all set up and most of the lights on it working, one of the joys of Christmas, lighting issues! Then it was time for my favorite part, hanging all of the special ornaments. It is such a special time of reflecting on past Christmas. Many of the ornaments hold special meanings and many of them memories of firsts- my first Christmas, first year married, first home, first marathon, first trip to NYC, first baby and now Ava Kate's first Christmas! Somehow I think this is going to be my favorite Christmas yet! Sharing the magic and wonder of the season with my own baby girl brings such joy to my heart. Watching her sit and look up at the tree and all the beautiful ornaments was such a precious moment and will be a memory I remember in the years to come. Now off to finish out tree night with some oreo truffles and Elf with Justin, it always gets me excited about Christmas!


















2 comments:

Nana said...

Oh so sweet! Christmas through the eyes of a child is the best way to see it....

Tiffany said...

You will LOVE Christmas even more as she gets older!! Kids make it so much fun! She is so sweet. I'm impressed you have wrapped presents under the tree already!