Monday, July 30, 2012
I'm feeling a big spoiled since I got to go on not one but two girls weekend getaways this summer! We decided Dona's 35th birthday was the perfect excuse for a weekend getaway with the girls to Gruene. We had a blast! Ate lots of food, shopped, floated on the river, danced and laughed a lot! Love these girls!
Friday, July 27, 2012
Thursday, July 26, 2012
This summer Ava Kate and Ethan took swim lessons together from Ms. Mary Margaret! It took them a little while to get brave but by the end they were both swimming with their heads under and had become two swimming fish! Everyone wears their cowboy boots to swim lessons, right?
Wednesday, July 25, 2012
My college roommate, Kammi, came to town for a visit so me and the kids got to stop by and see them. It is kind of funny because both of our sets of kids were born 4 months apart and we both had girls first and then boys. Hmm, maybe future Aggie roommates in the making?
Tuesday, July 17, 2012
Let me explain:
1) You learned to sit up without tumbling over!
2) Shortly after that you learned to go from laying down to sitting up which you love to do even in your sleep and then it wakes you up and you get mad!
3) Not long after that you started crawling!
4) And within a day of crawling you started pulling up!
5) Shortly after you learned to pull up your head was covered in nasty bruises!
6) I’ve caught you trying to climb up on a few pieces of furniture.
7) You no longer walk in your walker you run through the house and when you get to the little slope in the floors from the living room to the den you like to pick up speed and fly down the slope with big eyes and an even bigger smile!
8) Now that you have figured out how to get where you want you are figuring out how to get what you want and you want to get into everything!!!
Seriously though you are at such a fun age! You and your sister are interacting more and more which is really precious! You are loving food and while you weren’t sure about new textures at first you are getting more and more interested in trying new things. This month you have tried chunks of sweet potato, whip cream, cotton candy, pizza, tortillas, bread, pasta and so far you like most everything you have tried! You weighed 21.5lbs and were 27.5 inches when you saw the doctor this month for another ear infection. You still haven’t cut a tooth but I keep thinking it is going to happen any day with all the drool that is just falling out of your mouth. You are truly a busy, bouncing, beautiful baby boy and our precious little “buddy” as your sister and I call you.
Monday, July 16, 2012
There is nothing better than family! Nathan, Sarah, Lila and Laney came to town for several days and we got in lots of fun family time! We started off with The Katy Perry Movie with the big girls, a shopping trip to Justice for the girls birthday, the girls got to join us for Ava Kate's gymnastics performance, we had a slumber party complete with a spa and dance party and our special guest Lexi, we went to see Ice Age 3 together, we swam, we had a birthday party for Lila and Laney and Uncle Nathan, we ate together a lot and just enjoyed being together for several days! And one of the biggest treats was a little concert put on by Papa and Uncle Nathan with special guest performances by Grandmother and Lila!