Friday, December 11, 2009

On the Eleventh Day of Christmas...

my true love gave to me an ornament and he earned his master's degree! Tonight we
all got to celebrate with Justin as he walked across the stage to get his Master's Degree in Education. We are all so proud of him and this huge accomplishment! We are also excited about the opportunities this will open for him in the future. He is a wonderful teacher, I know because I have heard countless parents tell me how much their kids loved having him as a teacher and how he made their junior high experience a little more enjoyable so I know he will also be a great principal one day! We started off our celebration with a yummy dinner at the Beehive before graduation. Ava Kate did pretty good sitting through graduation and loved that there were so many new people to look at and flirt with. After graduation we ended our celebration with cake! It was a fun evening and we are so glad grandma, grandpa and nana all got to celebrate with us.










Our 11th advent activity was one of my favorite Christmas traditions which my mom started when we were little... ornament exchange. Mom always got us an ornament every year and then when we got older and had our own tree she packed them all up for us to put on our tree. Now my Christmas tree is not just covered in pretty ornaments but in many years of memories. Then when I got married Justin and I also started exchanging ornaments each year. And now we get to pick an ornament for Ava Kate each year. I had a hard time finding a baby's first Christmas ornament that I really loved but finally found this one that was pretty cute and I really liked that we could customize it with her name and the year. I look forward to filling the tree with her ornaments over the years and the special memories each one will hold.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Justin!!! We are thrilled for yall.