Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Splendiferous Christmas!

Ava had her school Christmas party today and I felt horrible, we got there and I saw that everyone was in their PJ’s and I realized I had completely forgot it was pajama day and of course I had Ava all decked out in her Christmas outfit. Then I realized I had also forgotten the camera and a book for the book exchange. Needless to say it all worked out fine. I made a quick trip to the house for the camera and the store for a book. At the party I got to help the kids make snowman handprint ornaments like we made last year. They also decorated cookies and made jingle bells. Ava was most excited about lunch though, imagine that!

Tonight Justin and I got to go to his work Christmas party while grandpa watched Ava. When we got home she was asleep on him so I thought we wouldn’t get to do our advent activity. I got to hold her for a while, there is nothing more yummy than a sleeping baby in your arms. After I got my snuggling fix I went to put her in bed and she of course woke up so I decided to let her stay up a little later and do our advent activity. Tonight Ava got to open her first gift, our advent activity was reading a new Christmas book. This year she got Fancy Nancy’s Splendiferous Christmas! She was not all that into the opening part which kind of surprised me but once we got the paper off she was beaming when she saw her new book. This is our first experience with Fancy Nancy and Ava Kate LOVED it! She has always loved books but rarely will she sit and let you read an entire book to her and tonight she sat in my lap and had me read this one three times before she went to bed. I’m thinking there will be more Fancy Nancy books in our future.










2 comments:

Katie K said...

Fancy Nancy is so cute! I didn't know they had a Christmas book. That may be in Cameron's future soon!

mattandshell said...

We love Fancy Nancy! Lily doesn't have the Christmas book either. I need to find that one for her.