Tuesday, December 28, 2010

21 Months (A Little Behind)


What in the world, where did time go? How is it possible that my tiny little 7lb 6oz newborn is now a 30lb & 33.5 inches 21 month old. My mom sent me a video the other day of Ava Kate where she is probably around 6 months old and as I watched it I got so emotional realizing my baby is not a baby anymore, she is a full blown toddler. It is so strange how you want them to stay little forever but at the same time you love every new stage and look forward to the next one. She is getting so verbal now, saying new things and putting sentences together everyday. She is repeating just about everything we say to her now. She seems to be much happier now that she can really communicate with us and tell us what she wants or needs. There was a period from about 14months-19 months where we were seeing some pretty big fits and I think a lot of that had to do with the fact that she couldn’t fully communicate with us yet. At the same time she is getting to be quite a little stinker too and I can definately tell that "2" is just around the corner. She continues to light up our world and bring us so much love and joy each day! Here are some of the funny and cute things she is doing and saying lately.

When she wants to get into something she tells me “back” or “bye-bye” or the other morning she was standing at my night stand and I was sitting up in bed and she kept saying “mama night night” so I finally laid down and pretended to close my eyes and when I did she started to open the night stand and dig in the drawer so I sat up and said “Ava what are you doing?” and she again said “mama night night” in hopes that I would lay down and go to sleep so she could continue to dig in the drawer that she knows she is supposed to.

“I yub you”

Anytime a phone rings anywhere she immediately says “Pop?”

She and my mom were playing with a little nativity and when she saw Joseph she said “Bam Pop” (Grandpa)

We went to brunch at the country club with Grandpa the other day and Ava had finished her dinner so Grandpa brought her some ice cream. The server came and took her dinner plate and Ava said “No, my!” The server came back and asked if we wanted her to bring it back and Ava just stared at her with her bottom lip pushed out and quivering and as the server walked away Ava turned in her highchair and stared her down, giving her the evil eye the whole time as if to say “don’t ever take my plate again!”

Every morning while I’m getting ready Ava digs in my make up drawer and pretends to put on lipgloss and then she takes all my shoes off the shoe rack and tries them all on, she loves dressing up! And she loves to fish for compliments too. When we go to school or church or Kindermusik or see a friend out somewhere she looks down at her clothes and tilts her head and pulls on her shirt or dress as if to say don’t you like my dress, especially if she is wearing something extra frou frou or girly, I’m thinking maybe we have doted on her a little too much and we are giving her a complex!

Her favorite words are "mine" and "no"- oh yes two is just on the horizon!

She calls Santa, "Santy"

She is a bit fascinated with "poo-poo", she constantly says "I poo-poo", "you poo-poo" and "baby poo-poo". I took this to mean she might be interested in potty training so we got her a potty and a potty book but so far she just sits on it.

She loves her baby dolls, Angelina Ballerina, Olivia, Little Bear, toothpaste, my shoes, my makeup drawer, her cousins, coloring, Pop, food, books, to be outside, animals except not stuffed ones that talk or make noise, nutcrackers, Christmas lights, dancing! She is my strong willed, determined, independent, snuggly, talkative, loving, creative little 21 month old!

No comments: