Monday, July 28, 2008

One More Week

Today I had my weekly bloodwork and I was really very anxious to get the results. I have been doing a little too much research and reading on the internet and had gotten my self worried so I was just needing a little reassurance. Boy did I get it. My nurse, Kristen, was back from her honeymoon and she called me at lunch and told me she was so happy to come back to such good news and I said what news- she said your beautiful hormone levels! She said my HCG level had gone from 749 last Monday to 8,567 today and my Progesterone level was up to 50.45 from 38 last week. She said you are definately pregnant! She had told me on the day of my first blood test that based on my level of 97 she thought it was probably 1 healthy baby. I asked her today if she still thought that and she said she really couldn't say anymore based on how high my levels had gotten and how quickly they were rising. She said she would not be surprised either way. I always knew in my head that twins were a possibility but after that conversation it became a very real possibility. A week from today we will have our sonogram so by this time next week we will know if we are expecting one or two babies. I am so excited and anxious to see the sonogram. We are really excited that both of our mothers are going to join us for the sonogram.

Tonight Justin and I went for a walk and when we left the house there was a precious baby blue jay sitting on one of my geranium planters. I kept hoping that its mommy would come and get it while we were out walking but when we returned it was sitting at our front door. It broke my heart that it was seperated from its mother. Justin gave it a little dish of water and went to move it and then it started to fly although it didn't get very far. I felt a little better knowing that it was at least somewhat mobile. I just can't understand how mother birds just up and leave their babies like that. I guess one day I will be having to learn to let my babies go- first day of school, graduation, college, marriage- yikes I'm glad that is all several years away. I can already tell letting go is not going to come naturally for this mommy

1 comment:

Loya Family said...

Just heard the news. congrats. I knew Justin while I attended HSU. Glad to see that he is doing well. Still golfing? Guess what. I still have Sadie, she's getting old. :-)