Friday, July 4, 2008

"Ten"

Well this morning I woke up about 7:40am to go to the bathroom for probably the 6th time since I went to bed last night and thought oh no now I have to wait an hour or two to get the call. I walked over and took my phone off the charger to move it to the nightstand next to the bed and I looked down and saw a number flashing, the number flashing. I told Justin its him, he's already calling. I answered the phone to hear "Is this Aubrey?" I said yes this is Aubrey. He said, "This is Keith from the Centre for Reproductive Medicine in Lubbock." I wanted to say do you really think I don't know who you are- I sit and wait for your call every morning. So instead I said "Hello Keith." Then he said, "I'm calling to give you an update on your IVF case." Again I wanted to say just get to the point, how many embryos do we have? He finally did proceed to give me the news! He said we have 10 embryos left and they are all progressing as they should and he said we have about 3 that are above average quality, 4 that are average and about 3 that are below average. Now if you remember it was on this day of our last cycle that we got a call telling us that we had 6 embryos left and all 6 were poor quality. So that being said you now have an idea of how excited we both were with today's news. Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

What a lovely way to start celebrating the 4th of July! This wonderful news and in about an hour my nephew and two little cousins will be arriving with the bike and wagon that we all decorated together for the 4th of July Parade on our little circle we live on. After the parade there will be homemade ice cream. If that is not enough we also will have homemade ice cream at grandmother's tonight along with my dad's delicious brisket, papa's tasty burgers, all the yummy sides and a homemade pound cake. I'm sure Justin would throw in the fact that he is playing in a golf tournament makes this an even better day! So happy 4th to you and your family! Enjoy the time together! And we'll talk again tomorrow- maybe I'll even include some photos from the parade.

2 comments:

Pat Jarrett said...

Thank you, Aubrey, for giving me such a great call this morning!!! Yes, it is time for a mini-celebration. What a great 4th! Our love to the both of you and we both are so excited with the news. Keep us posted and we are keeping our fingers crossed and praying for all to go well. Please eat a bunch and celebrate this step .... love always, Mom2 and Dad2

Kimberly said...

YIPEEEEEEEE! We are here in Waco celebrating the wonderful news with you. Creighton and I gave each other a high-five and we will continue to pray for your ten little miracles.

Enjoy this day God has given you to rejoice!

Love you much,