Saturday, July 5, 2008

"Eight"

The call came a little later today and I wasn't quite expecting it so it startled me from my deep sleep I was in. Needless to say I was a little groggy and out of it as Keith passed on today's update but I'm pretty sure I got it all. We still have 8 precious embryos hanging on and all 8 are at the development stage they should be at and we still have 3 of those 8 that are above average quality- woohoo! Tomorrow he will call us with another update and if any of the embryos are at the full morula stage the transfer will be scheduled for Monday morning and if they aren't quite there yet it will be Tuesday morning. So we wait excitedly for our next update! I want to share a little verse out of a spiritual inspiration book that I came across in our last IVF cycle that was really special to me.

Hold fast your dreams!
Within your heart
Keep one still secret spot
Where dreams may go
And sheltered so,
May thrive and grow...
O keep a place apart,
Within your heart,
For little dreams to go!
Louise Driscoll

"When dreams come true, there is life and joy." Proverbs 13:12

We will continue to dream big because our hope is in our God who does great things! My prayer for these embryos is always that they would thrive and grow so when I read this it seemed it was written just for me. Please continue to pray with us that these embryos will thrive and grow and that no matter what happens we will always continue to dream big in our God.

As I promised in yesterday's post I am going to share some photos from our fun filled 4th of July. We started off the morning with the River Oaks Circle 1st Annual 4th of July Parade. It was a huge success. There were lots of people with wagons, bikes, dogs, firetrucks, John Deer gators, antique cars, and people wearing crazy hats and bowties. The parade route was once around our circle. I made it to our house (about half way around) and then I had to retire.

Lila was ready to ride!

I am not sure Keller and Laney thought the parade was as exciting as we did but they were good sports and road along!

Joy, my grandparent's dog, who is a member of the family even got to participate in the parade and of course mom was there with camera in hand!

Even Uncle Nathan and Uncle Justin participated- they aren't too cool to be in a parade! And in the stroller behind the wagon baby Stone was pushed by mommy Andrea.

It did get pretty hot while sitting outside for the parade so we decided we needed to find a place to cool off. It's a good thing our good friends the West live right down the street and have a beautiful pool! They were nice enough to let the whole family come over for some splish splash fun!

Nothing makes a baby or mommy more tired that an afternoon of swimming!

After that we headed back to grandmother and papa's for a family cookout! Let me tell you my family can make some really good food and I ate way too much! To end the day we all piled in the cars to go find a spot to watch the fireworks. It was a wonderful 4th of July!


2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I'm here again checking on your update and once again, thanking The One who gave you these special embryos. God is doing great things! I wish I was in Abilene so I could come squeal with you, jump up and down, and give you a big hug.

I love you and I'll be looking forward to tomorrow,

Unknown said...

Praise God! I am so thankful there are eight embryos still progressing. It is amazing to see how God is working in your and Justin's lives.

Love you,