Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Movies, Friends & Good Food!

Well I had Justin set up my laptop so I could post a little update. I am almost done with day 2 of bedrest. Tomorrow will be the last day- yippee! I have been feeling really good although a little restless! I definately feel I'm in a much better place and have been through this whole cycle. It is hard to explain exactly what I feel but I just know that God is in control. I feel at peace and I don't feel anxious. I feel well rested and relaxed. I feel very happy and content with where I am at this moment. Of course I am excited to find out the results next Thursday but I don't feel consumed with thoughts of it like I did last time.

Until this evening I had pretty much remained in the bed other than for trips to the bathroom which I had 6 of in a 5 hour period on Monday night. Last night though I made it through with only 1 trip to the bathroom though- that was pretty exciting! Yesterday was a pretty quiet day. Justin got up early and made me breakfast in bed. Then I watched a little TV, did a sudoku puzzle, and watched some movies. Last night my sweet friend Shelly brought us Olive Garden for dinner and she sat and visited with me for a while. Today Justin again got up and made me breakfast in bed and I read a magazine and responded to some work emails and finished a movie I fell asleep in last night. My sister was sweet enough to bring me some yummy Taco Bueno for lunch and visit a while on her lunch break. Shortly after that my friend Shelly came back over and this time brought her sweet baby Lily. Not long after they came over my mom and my nephew Ethan showed up. My mom came over to visit and cook me one of my favorite meals for dinner- Pepper Steak. Shelly and Lily stayed and played a while and then they went home. A little while after that our friend Stephanie called and her and Harrison came over and brought me a yummy new Blackberry Sprite drink from Sonic. Harrison and Ethan played for a while. They were both playing with my little Reveille dog that sings the Aggie Fight Song which is pretty funny considering Harrison comes from a family of Red Raiders and Ethan comes from a family of Longhorns. I am such a bad influence! A little later my sister and her other little boy Keller showed up so now we had a house full of 3 little boys. It was quite entertaining. Right after that my dear friend Kimberly and her little boy Creighton showed up to visit too! So now we had four precious little boys in our bedroom all under the age of 3. Things had gotten a lot more exciting around here. Benjie even stopped in after his afternoon run! After a while of watching the boys play everyone headed home except for my family. I decided to finally move from the bed to the couch in the living room. It was a nice change of scenery! My dad stopped by too and we all enjoyed mom's wonderful Pepper Steak! Then to top it off we had strawberry pie. When everyone had left it sure was quiet here with just me and Justin! Having all our visitors today reminded me just how blessed we are to have such good family and friends that care so much about us and that have been so supportive in this journey! Below are some pictures from today.

Baby Lily in her pretty pink dress! Look at those precious baby rolls!

Ethan, Keller, Creighton and Harrison all wanting to play with Creighton's cool rifle! Sharing is so hard when you are small!

Kimberly, Creighton, Harrison and Stephanie all piled in my bed with me- I love these girls!


1 comment:

Kimberly said...

First of all, I wish I could have dressed up more to come see you. I'm not crazy about that look! I'm glad I was able to be in town during your bedrest and you allowed all our crazy kids to roam your house.

I love you.