Friday, July 11, 2008

Freedom!

Today was my first day of freedom from the bondage of my bed! When I left for work this morning as I pulled out of the garage and saw the sunshine and the flowers and the pretty green grass I realized just how much I love the outdoors and how happy I was to be out of the house! Before I went to work I went straight to the lab to have some bloodwork done. Fortunately I am able to do the rest of my bloodwork here in Abilene so we won't have to drive to Lubbock for at least a few weeks. As I got to work and saw I had lots of new voicemails, a full inbox, a stack of orders to review and sign off on, and not to mention the many emails to respond to I started to feel a bit overwhelmed. My sweet boss and my friend Laura quickly reminded me it is only business and not to let it stress me out. I started working through one stack at a time. I was already feeling much more at ease by lunch. Justin came and picked me up and took me to lunch. He has been so sweet through this whole process. I think he was as ready as I was to get out of the house today. I'm sure he was also happy that he didn't have to wait on me hand and foot any longer although he never complained. By the end of the day I was pretty much caught up to where I need to be and I don't think that was of my own doing. It has been amazing but through this whole process it is like God has just cleared my calendar both at work and home so that I could focus on this cycle. Before I went out for the retrieval I had gotten everything at work completely up to date so I was able to be away without having a lot of stress about it. I love how God is concerned with even the small details of our lives! This afternoon Kristen, the nurse called and said my progesterone levels looked beautiful and they were still waiting to get back my estrogen levels. I asked her if this told us anything and she said no but that it made her very happy so not sure what that means but its always nice to get positive news. By the end of the day I was a little worn out after having laid in bed for 3 days going back to work all day wore me out. I came home and took a nice long nap and woke up just in time to greet my mother in law who came in town for the weekend. She took us to dinner at Copper Creek which was quite delicious and then we went to see the movie Hancock, it was a great movie. We always have a fun and busy agenda when she visits so I'm sure tomorrow will be another fun filled day!

1 comment:

Lisa Welker said...

Aubrey,
Thank you for sharing your life with us these last few days. Its such a blessing to see how much you have grown in Christ through it all. You are an inspiration to
many people. I will continue to pray for His will to be done. Always remember sweetie that HE loves you more than the air you breathe.