Saturday, July 19, 2008

Still On Cloud Nine

Well it has been about 2 days now since we got our very exciting news. In the last 2 days we have laughed, screamed (the joyful kind), cried, hugged, and smiled from ear to ear. We have basically just relished in the wonderful news. We have received so many phone calls, emails, comments on the blog and had visitors stop by. It amazes me how many people are rejoicing in this miracle with us! We are so grateful for all of your friendships and your prayers and your kind words! It has been a truly amazing journey. Not always an easy one in fact quite often it has been incredibly painful and challenging but through it all I have seen two things strengthened- our faith in our loving God and our love for each other. There were moments when my faith was truly tested through this and there were moments I wasn't sure it would survive but it did because God is so faithful to never leave. Even in the times I was angry at Him and didn't want to talk to Him I still knew He was there. And once I turned back to Him and realized He was my only hope, He was always there to take me back in His arms and comfort me. His faithfulness has always amazed me. I have learned that marriage can also be hard at times. This last year though which has been a very difficult year has been the best year of our marriage. I tend to want to be a very independent person and I absolutely had to lean on Justin so many times. And he was always there for me and always strong for me even though I know he was hurting too. I fell more in love with him this year because of that. So looking back over this journey I can see what God was doing in our lives. He never does things to be mean or cruel, He is teaching us something. I also know that God wants to use us to help others we will cross paths with that are going through this same struggle. In fact a sweet friend sent this in an email, "My devotional today was 2Cor1:3-4 and it says that "God ...comforts us in all our affliction so that we maybe able to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God." I know that he will use the trials that you and Justin have been through these last few years to give hope to someone else that is beginning to walk in those shoes." So now we celebrate and we give praise and glory to our God because nothing is impossible with Him. I truly believe with all my heart that medicine did not create our perfect embryos but God did! Even the embryologist couldn't explain how last time we had such poor quality embryos and this time we had a perfect one and another one that was very good quality. A song kept coming to mind everytime I think of the this wonderful blessing from God. The lyrics are:
"It makes me want to shout, hallelujah, thank you Jesus, Lord your worthy of all the glory and all the honor and all the praise."

1 comment:

that boy mitch, big O, and me! said...

We are still so very happy for you and you wonderful, AMAZING news! Happy, Happy days lay ahead for you!

Amanda