Thursday, June 9, 2011

What’s in a name?

What's in a name, apparently a lot of disagreeing when it comes to boy names! Justin and I can agree on girl names all day long, in fact we’ve had Ava and Olivia picked out since we first started trying to get pregnant, over 7 years ago. And if baby Jarrett #2 is a girl her name will be Livi Jane, we liked Olivia but like Ava it is very popular and since Ava Kate loves Olivia the pig I thought that might confuse her when the baby turns out to be a real baby and not a pig dressed in red and white tights and the real reason is I wanted another double name and Justin picked Jane for the middle name and I just think Ava Kate and Livi Jane sound darling together! I also love the meanings of the names, Livi is a form of Olivia which means Olive Tree symbolizing fertility, beauty and dignity and Jane means God is gracious, both very fitting for this special gift God has blessed us with.

Then there are boy names, with my pregnancy with Ava we were going to use Eli James. This time around we’ve decided to use Wilson for the middle name, a combination of my dad’s name, Wiley, and Justin’s dad’s name, Vinson. And that is about as far as we can get on the boy names. Thought I’d share a few of our favorites and feel free to comment on the ones you like and/or hate.

Justin’s picks:
#1- Jett- he has loved this name for a long time and I guess if I wanted to be really sweet I would say okay and go along with it but I’m just not sure how well it goes with Jarrett, that is a lot of J’s and T’s
Knox
Scout
Rhys
Graham
Jax

Aubrey’s picks:
#1- Samuel and call him Sam, I've always loved the story of Hannah and her miracle baby Samuel because it hit so close to home
Quinn
Henry
Jack
Rhys
Graham

I guess we will see Monday if we even need to worry about agreeing on a boy name or not.

1 comment:

Aaron, Lacey, Audrey and Elle said...

Hi Aubrey! Congratulations on your 2nd baby! What a blessing! We just had our second in May, little Elle Evangeline, she's just amazing! Oh and I love the name Henry, Elle was going to be Henry if she was a boy. I like Graham too. Isnt it so fun picking out baby names!?!