Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Answer to a Momma’s Prayer

Today Ava Kate got to go spend her first day at Mrs. Lucy’s or as the kids call her Lulu. We have been looking for a while now for full time childcare for Ava Kate for the fall. We have been on multiple wait lists around town and so far had not gotten a spot at any of them. Then we found out we were pregnant which meant we were going to be looking for a place for a baby too and my heart just couldn’t stand to put a 2 month old baby in a normal daycare setting so this momma had been saying a lot of prayers that the Lord would provide the perfect place for my babies. And He did! We found out about Mrs. Lucy, who happens to live right around the corner from us, through a friend of mine who has been sending her kids to Lucy for a few years now. She raved about how wonderful Lucy is and told me she would check to see if she had any openings for the fall. When she called and said she had 2 openings for the fall I was thrilled! I talked to Lucy on the phone, stopped by and visited one day while the kids were there, talked to a couple of other moms that send their kids there that again raved about her and then Ava and Justin got to meet her and each step was just added confirmation that this was the place for our kids to be. I have had such a peace about them being there and yesterday just reassured that.

Ava Kate has gotten so that lately when we take her to church or MDO she often cries and doesn’t want to stay so I was a little nervous yesterday about how she was going to react to a brand new place. But my worries were put to ease quickly, she was so excited on the way there and when we walked in she walked straight over to the baskets of toys and started exploring while Lucy and I visited for a while. When it came time for me to leave I had hoped to slide out without her noticing but of course she looked over at me just as I was about to leave and so I told her bye and to have fun and I’d be back in a little bit. She just looked at me, nodded her head and shrugged and went back to playing! Wow, was that really my child? When I picked her up yesterday afternoon she was happily playing with the other kids and was happy to see me. I asked her if she had fun and she smiled and said yes. Lucy said she had a good day and fit right in and had already been to time out for being aggressive about sharing toys, guess she felt right at home already! When we got home yesterday afternoon she said “mommy, I go bye bye.” And I said “why do you want to go bye bye?” to which she replied “I go back to Mrs. Lucy’s house again!” This momma’s prayers were definitely answered in a big way!

No comments: