Monday, June 27, 2011

His Supremacy and His Sufficiency Revealed

Today at lunch I decided to eat at my desk and work on catching up on my bible study. I’ve been doing Believing God by Beth Moore and everyday’s lesson is just incredible and so powerful! Today’s was no exception. Today’s session was about how and why God heals and she talked a lot about how the way God chooses to heal probably has to do with His objective for healing, either revealing His supremacy or His sufficiency. Sometimes He heals immediately and in those instances His supremacy is revealed not only to those being healed but those observing. And sometimes He heals through a stitch by stitch process (mending) which can be long and painful and often in these times He is revealing His sufficiency to the one being healed and the ones that love that person and intercessing on their behalf. The faith journal question for today was “How has God powerfully revealed His supremacy or His sufficiency to you?” Wow, I almost broke down in tears at my desk when my mind immediately thought of my two precious babies and the journeys we walked to both.

God most definitely used the 5 year journey to Ava Kate to reveal His sufficiency to me. It was a long, painful journey and very much felt like a stitch by stitch process but like a seamstress mending cloth He was always holding me in His hands through the process. I very much feel that trial was about growing my faith in Him, learning I am not in control as I so want to be and finally surrendering to His plan and coming to a place of peace and hope that He would bring healing to my broken heart that so longed for a child in His way and His time.

And now our much shorter journey to Jett Wilson has very much revealed to me His supremacy! This fall the desire for another child began to grow in our hearts and God prompted us to have someone pray over us for healing and seemed to speak to both of us that He would do that. I can’t even describe the peace and assurance and faith I had that He was going to do what He said He would do. And a few months down the road there we were staring in awe at a positive pregnancy test, something our infertility doctor would have told us would have been very unlikely but not for the Almighty!

I know that here in this life there are many situations and circumstances we will never understand but I love how sometimes God slowly pieces the puzzles of His mysteries together for us and today He did that for me. I’ve been learning a lot about faith, not just the faith to believe there is a God and that He saved me but a faith in all His abilities and all the seeming impossibilities He is so capable of overcoming. And I truly am believing more and more that often what hinders us from seeing God do miracles is not because He has ceased doing miracles but our doubt and lack of faith. And I truly believe He used the journey to Ava Kate to grow and deepen our faith so when it came time for Him to bring physical healing and our little Jett that we would have the faith to believe He could and He would do just that.

His love, His deep ways, His goodness, His intricate plans, His abilities just astound me more and more! He is so good! Right now I know many people that are in need of healing both physical and spiritual and I’m believing Him to do that!

2 comments:

Julia Hamilton Gibson said...

Amen! I truly appreciated this post and your feelings about your journies. Just wanted to let you know how much this touched me. God is so good!

Aubrey said...

Thank you Julia! I sure hope one day we can come visit and meet each others little miracle babies!