Saturday, June 4, 2011

15 Weeks and Counting

Well I have been absolutely terrible about documenting this pregnancy. Part of that was due to the fact that I felt pretty awful the first several weeks but when I hit 14 weeks I woke up that Saturday and felt like a new person and thankfully it has stuck. More energy, no nausea, no sickness and a growing belly! Sweet baby J is now 4 inches long and about 2 1/2 ounces, the size of an apple, and this week I started feeling the first flutters of movement, one of my favorite parts of being pregnant! The heart burn has definately kicked in a lot earlier with this pregnancy but as long as I have my Zantac it is not bad. My belly has also popped out a lot faster this time than my first pregnancy. My cravings have pretty much been identical to my pregnancy with Ava Kate- french fries, potato egg and cheese burritos, fruit, pickles and popcorn.



Last time I listed some of the old wives tales about predicting gender along with my answers so I thought I would do that again.

Morning sickness- girl
Heartbeat over 140- girl
Age at time of conception and year of conception, both odd- girl
Chinese Gender Chart- girl or boy, not sure on month of conception
Feel less attractive pregnant- girl
Craving salty foods- boy
Craving fruit- girl
Wedding ring on string moved in a circle- boy
Sleep on left side- boy
Carrying low- boy

Of course the problem with all of these is if you look on one website it says one thing and if you look on a different website it says the opposite but still it is fun to play the game. Just like with Ava Kate, Justin feels certain it is another girl. Ava Kate says girl 98% of the time. And this momma doesn't have a clue this time and really doesn't care either way. I would love for Ava to have a sister to grow up with but I would also love the chance to experience the joys of being a mom to a little boy! Being the planner I am, I'm just incredibly anxious to know one way or the other so we can get Ava Kate's big girl room set up and get to work on the nursery. And hopefully agree on a name, for some reason we can always agree on girl names but it's a whole other story with boy names. We go in for a sonogram June 13th to see if baby J will cooperate and let us find out the gender.

1 comment:

Brennon said...

Very fun! The gender indicator that held true was both my girls was that if their hands are up around the face in the sonogram it's a girl because girls are 'vain'. And if the hands are down around the 'junk' it's a boy! haha! Can't wait to hear!