Saturday, June 4, 2011

Life with a 2 Year Old

Ava Kate is getting so big, so fast and I know when the baby arrives she'll only seem bigger to me! I figured it was time for another update so here are 20 fun facts about my love bug!

1) She is a snuggly, sassy, loving, bossy, funny little 2 year old.
2) She is constantly singing songs, "The Wheels on the Bus", "Jesus Loves Me", "5 Monkeys Jumping on the Bed", "Sticky Bubble Gum" are just some of her favorites.
3) She loves to cuddle together in mommy's bed.
4) She still has little interest in potty training.
5) She says funny things all the time like the other night in bed she looked at us and said with a forced sad face, "I got bad news." When I asked what her bad news was she just replied with the same exact look, "I got bad news."
6) She loves her family and I think she is happiest when we are all together.
7) She loves to color, paint and create.
8) She still loves her snacks and would eat all day long if we would let her.
9) If you ask her who her buddy is she replies "Jesus!" That is because her and her daddy like to listen to a song called "Jesus is My Buddy."
10) She gets to spend the summer at home with daddy and go to MDO summer program and then in the fall she gets to start at Mrs. Lucy's where her baby brother or sister will be joining her next winter. And we are so thrilled to have found Mrs. Lucy who happens to be write around the corner from us.
11) She has an obsession with kitties and has a kitty cat mode that she goes into at least 10 times a day and she often requires that we pretend to be kitties too.
12) She is crazy about bubble gum and asks for it repeatedly and she is getting better but she still often swallows it.
13) She loves to dance and let me tell you the girl has some moves and sometimes resembles Elaine from Seinfield.
14) She is definately going to be wanting to help a lot with the new baby, she loves to play mommy and have us pretend to be her baby.
15) One of her favorite things to play is Ice Cream Shop where she stands behind her little ice cream stand her daddy made her for her birthday and she puts her hands behind her back and says "what can I do for you?"
16) She loves mommy's make up and asks for lipgloss every morning when I'm in the bathroom getting ready.
17) She washes her hands several times a day now that she has figured out she can drag the stool in the bathroom over to the sink.
18) She loves to eat oranges and when I buy the little Clementine oranges she will get them out and peel them herself. She takes a little peel off at a time and puts it in the trash and then continues very patiently to peel her orange. It is things like that which make me realize how big and independent she is quickly becoming.
19) When we were visiting Grandma, Ava slept in the bed with us and she would be talking in her sleep and it was pretty funny to learn what she dreams about, one time she said "no daddy don't change my poopoo!" and another time she said "I want my sucker!" So that is what keeps 2 year olds up at night!
20) When we left the beach last weekend, several people had flags flying with skulls and other pirate like flags. As we drove away Ava waved goodbye and said "Bye Pirates!" We all just cracked up laughing imagining that she must have thought we had been hanging out with pirates on the beach all day!

No comments: