Monday, June 13, 2011

It’s a …………………


Boy!!! It looks like Ava Kate is going to be a big sister to Jett Wilson Jarrett! What a fun day it was today! Like I said in my last post Justin has always wanted to use the name Jett even with Ava when we had compromised on Eli. This weekend I decided if it was a boy to let him have his name choice. We wanted Ava to get to be a part of this special day so she came along for the sonogram. So I had two envelopes, one with the boy name and a blue lollipop for Ava and another with the girl name and a pink lollipop for Ava. I snuck them to the nurse to give to Dr. Mascarro before the sonogram. Ava wasn’t too excited about any of it and was just really concerned that “Mommy don’t feel good.” She kept repeating that over and over in a very concerned voice. It didn’t take long at all for the doctor and myself to see that it was a boy although the cord was also there so she did say she was just 90% sure but from what I saw I’d say I’m more like 97% sure. She handed Ava Kate the boy envelope and Justin said where did that come from, is that from you he asked Dr. Mascarro? Of course as soon as Ava opened it and found the lollipop she had no interest in the piece of paper inside so Justin took the envelope and pulled out the paper which said Jett Wilson Jarrett and immediately there were tears welling up in his eyes. Such a fun moment to share together as a family! Our sweet little Jett’s heartbeat looked great and we got to see his sweet little face too. I can’t believe how much he has grown since we last saw him, the miracle of life is truly a miracle! We are thrilled and looking forward to meeting our precious baby boy!

1 comment:

mattandshell said...

So exited for y'all!!! Who knows maybe Jett will have friend who is also a boy born in February. Only time will tell : )

Love y'all,

Shelly