Saturday, March 7, 2009

Practice Run #2!

Well Thursday morning after talking to a friend about a couple of concerns I was having I decided to call my doctor just to see if they thought things sounded okay. I thought if anything they might have me come in the office so they could monitor me and the baby but had no idea what was really about to happen. The receptionist told me she would have the nurse call me back. When JJ called me back she said Dr. Mascarro wanted me to go to the hospital to be monitored because if anything was concerning I was far enough along that she could just go ahead and do something. Well this sort of sent me into a panic but I really panicked when I couldn't get hold of Justin or my mom for a while. I finally got hold of my mom and she said she would meet me at our house so we could load up the bags. We got everything loaded and mom finally got hold of Justin's school and he met us at the hospital. When we arrived Caroline, a friend from church, was my nurse and already had a room ready for me. Seeing a familiar face helped calm my nerves. She got me all hooked up to the monitors and as soon as she put those monitors on Ava Kate started wiggling around which was so reassuring. She said her heartrate looked great and I was still just dilated to a 1. She kept me for a while to monitor me and Dr. Mascarro wanted me to wait until she got to the hospital so she could come in and check on me too. We waited a couple of hours and Dr. Mascarro came in and said everything looks just perfect with your baby but if anything had looked even slightly concerning I would have just gone ahead and done a c-section. She said 37 weeks is a little early to jump the gun though but had it been next week she would have just gone ahead and taken her. She told us she just wanted to be extremely cautious with us after all we had been through which is very comforting to me. I am a little nervous though because she is going to be out of town part of next week so I'm hoping Ava Kate either decides to come in the next few days before she leaves or she hangs out until she returns in fact if you want to pray specifically about that I would very much appreciate your prayers! I know the other doctors there are fabulous but Dr. Mascarro has been with us through this entire journey and I just really want her to be there at the end. So we have now had two practice runs of getting all the bags in the car and hurrying up to the hospital. I'm really hoping the next time is the last one! Stay tuned until next time!

No comments: