Wednesday, March 18, 2009

AVA KATE is here!

Born: 11:52 AM on St. Patrick's Day

Weight: 7 Lbs 6 Ounces

Height: 20 1/4 Inches

Monday night about 1am I woke up having contractions. They continued until the alarm went off at 4am. We went on in to the hospital at our scheduled time of induction of 5am. When we first arrived I was dilated to a 2 and the nurse got my IV in and started me on pitocin. By 5:30am the contractions were starting to get close and strong. They continued to get much stronger and by 7am I was begging for the doctor so I could get my epidural. Dr. Mascarro came in about 8am to break my water and said it appeared my water had already broken and I was dilated to a 4 and could get my epidural. She also said she thought we would have a baby by noon. Things were already moving much faster than we had expected. It took a little while for the anesthesiologist to get there- at least it felt like an eternity to me. Once I got the epidural I was feeling great! My nurse was Nancy a sweet friend from church and she was wonderful through it all and very encouraging. Nancy checked me right after the epidural and said I had already dilated to an 8 and that I had basically labored to an 8 without an epidural. I had gone from a 4 to an 8 within a matter of 30 minutes or less. I was in complete shock! Once I had the epidural I was able to rest a little and all our friends and family were able to come in for a quick visit. At about 10am Nancy came back in to check me and I was dilated to a 10 so I started pushing about 10:30am. It was a little difficult to push being that I was so numb from the epidural and my blood pressure dropped rather drastically at some point which was a little frightening for everyone but me thanks to the drugs. They got my blood pressure stabilized and I was able to continue pushing. Finally at 11:52am Ava Kate made her arrival into the world! It was truly the most amazing thing I have ever experienced and by far the greatest day of my life! Shortly after I told my mom I would definitely do that again. Justin and I both just wept with joy the moment we laid eyes on our precious gift and miracle from God!





14 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a precious little angel face!!
I can't wait to hold her

Hannah S. said...

Loved meeting Ava Kate and seeing you three! God has showered his love on you both through that little bitty baby girl. Love you!

Mandi said...

She is so precious! What a wonderful blessing God has given you! I love seeing both of you holding your sweet baby.

Jenny Wakulat said...

Oh how sweet and precious she is....I have been checking all morning to see her :) I am so happy for y'all.

Aaron, Lacey, Audrey and Elle said...

She is beautiful!! Congratulations you guys! I love the pictures of you and Justin - you look so in love! What a blessing!!

that boy mitch, big O, and me! said...

What a precious, beautiful little baby girl God has given you! I am so happy for you both!

Robyn said...

It still gives me chills thinking about it. I so enjoyed our time together yesterday, she is truly a little miracle.

The Winkleplecks said...

She is beautiful. We can not wait to meet her. I hope you and Justin are doing good and getting enough rest!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hold her again, what a little princess!
Love,
Steph

Kimberly said...

Watching you wait for Ava Kate was nothing like watching you meet her for the first time! It's so obvious how God has blessed you with such a perfect little princess! She's beautiful and wonderful and for sure your dream come true. Thanks for letting me be a part of her birth day and for allowing me to share in your joy. We love you all three and can't wait to come back next week and see how's she has changed! Until then, update your blog often with pictures!

Debbie said...

Aubrey, you always said "God has a plan" and he certainly did. He has blessed you and Justin with the most precious gift possible, a beautiful baby girl. I look forward to hearing stories about her as she grows.

Lindsey said...

how precious. what a miracle. congrats!

Kristi said...

Ava Kate is adorable!! What a sweet blessing. I'm so happy for you. I can't wait to meet her.

Kelly said...

Congratulations! I've been following your blog for a while, after finding it through a friend of a friend, and only yesterday did I find out that Justin is my sister-in-law's computer teacher! What a small world. Anyway, I am so happy you are finally holding that precious girl and I can't wait to watch her grow!