Sunday, March 8, 2009

A 30th to Remember!

I knew that my birthday this year would be one I would always remember for many reasons- it is my 30th and my baby girl will be arriving shortly before or after my birthday but what I didn’t know is that my husband and mom and other friends would be throwing a surprise party for my best friend Robyn and me. Robyn’s birthday is March 13th and mine is March 14th. We have been celebrating birthdays together since we were 13 so it was only fitting that our big 3-0 celebration be together. I thought I was just going to dinner with Robyn, Kimberly and Jill but when we arrived at Erinshire Gardens and all the white lights were on and I walked up and saw all the familiar faces I realized Justin had finally pulled one over on me which is not an easy thing to do. The funniest part of all though was Robyn thought she was in on throwing a party for me but when she arrived she realized it was actually for both of us- the look on her face was priceless! I couldn’t have imagined a more perfect celebration. The weather was perfect for an outdoor party, the white lights in the trees made it beautiful and my very talented uncle playing all my favorites of his songs just set the tone for the whole evening. We were greeted by friends and family and lots of sweet little ones. The kids provided additional entertainment as they danced together to Nathan’s music. My mom and her sweet friend Becky prepared an elaborate spread of food. Justin had put together a slide show of photos of Robyn and I over the last 17 years and had it playing on the side of the house. Her and I have seen each other through a lot over those 17 years and I have so many wonderful memories that she is a part of. She loved me through all my ups and downs and always was there the moment I needed her. She is such a blessing in my life! It was the perfect last hurrah before Ava Kate makes her arrival and I hear I owe most of the thanks to my sweet husband who started the planning several months ago! To top it all off Justin gave me the sweetest necklace that has Ava Kate stamped on it along with two little birds. It is a night I will always remember!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have been there for the big 30 surprise party. It looks like you all had a blast. Can't wait to meet that babygirl...countdown is on!