Thursday, February 10, 2011

What's Playing On My Ipod Wednesday & Thursday's Talent

I've decided to expand my blogging and instead of only blogging about a cute little girl that I adore, I'm going to add some new topics to my blog.

I HEART music, I'm not sure I could survive without it, well maybe that is drastic but I would be rather unpleasant to be around! That brings me to my new posts, What's Playing On My Ipod Wednesday where I'll feature a song, band or singer/songwriter that I adore, some new and some old. Since Wednesday has already passed this week I'm going to go ahead and share what's been playing on my Ipod lately. My favorite place to find new music has always been soundtracks to movies and TV shows. Parenthood is my all time favorite TV show, every Tuesday night after Ava is in bed you can find me sitting in bed with a look of pure delight on my face while I'm watching it. Not only is it an "amazing mix of comedy and tender hearted drama" as my friend Erin so perfectly put it but it also has an awesome soundtrack each week! I love that TV shows now have websites where you can find the music they play and almost every Wednesday I'm on there looking for the music I heard on the show Tuesday night. That is how I recently came upon the song, "And If My Heart Should Somehow Stop" by James Vincent McMorrow. I loved the song so much I ended up prebuying his entire album a few weeks before it was released and have been enjoying it ever since I received it. I would love to hear your comments on your favorite music too.



I am amazed at all of the talent I come across in the cyber world and that is why I decided to begin Thursday's Talent. Every Thursday I will introduce or for some of you reintroduce you to someone I find to be oober talented. So stay tuned for this Thursday's Talent and please share your thoughts on who you think is terrifically talented. This week's talent happens to be family and also happens to be a musician but his talents go well beyond music so that's why I'm including him in the talent post instead of the music one. My uncle, Nathan Hamilton, is a singer/songwriter, an artist, a writer, a highly skilled carpenter and an amazing father to my precious two cousins Lila and Laney who you have probably seen on my blog. His music can often be heard playing on both mine and Justin's ipods. If you live in Texas you should checkout his website with his tour dates and go hear some incredible music. You can read more about Nathan on his blog and website. Also he is getting started on his next album and raising money to help with recording costs so if you are looking for a project worth contributing to check out the indiegogo website below. Check out the youtube link below for a video of him singing one of my favorites, "Spent."


http://www.nathanhamiltonart.blogspot.com/
http://www.nathanhamilton.com/
http://www.indiegogo.com/Beauty-Wit-Speed-Nathan-Hamiltons-Next-Record
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g82e1REFVJY&feature=related

No comments: