Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Joy of Love Day 8- Gift From the Heart



I am so excited about this new adventure! Last night when I was catching up on my good friend Kimberly's blog I found out about this FREE 28 day photography class, I immediately emailed to see if it was too late for me to join in on the fun. I have been looking at different options for photography classes both online and in a classroom setting lately. I've been reading a great book called Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson and trying to shoot more in manual mode but I could definately use a lot more instruction. Willette Photography is putting on the class. She emails a photography assignment and lesson each day and they are all related to photographing someone you love. Since 99.9% of my photography is devoted to Ava Kate I decided to make Justin the subject of these exercises plus it is all about love and this is Valentines season afterall. I had some catching up to do since the class began Feb 1st but I decided to just begin with the assignment for today, Gift From the Heart and work my way backwards so you'll have to scroll back to older posts to see my previous 7 days. The assignment was to photograph something your love has given or promised you that was from the heart. I immediately thought of this precious canvas Justin made me last Valentines with Ava Kate's handprint. While he said it was from Ava, I of course knew that he had done all the planning, supply purchasing and work and though it's small and simple it truly is one of my favorite gifts he has given me because I knew it was from his heart! I loved pulling it out this Valentines to display on the entry piece with my other Valentines decor.

No comments: