Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Not So Weary Anymore

I really appreciate all of your sweet comments on my Weary Mom post. I just felt strongly like I needed to write that post, partly to vent but a lot of it was because so often blogs and other social outlets become very surface and while our blog is mostly my way of documenting photos and events for our annual blog book, the roots of this blog were our journey of infertility and I felt the need to get back to the roots which were very vulnerable and honest. So thank you for letting me share and thank you for being an encouragement to me. I will say while I’m still tired I’m definitely feeling better. We are all healthy and have been for about 2 weeks now, thank you Jesus! We’re still all piled in the bed together but I know that in a few years I’ll probably look back and miss this time of snuggling with all my littles so for now I’m just going to enjoy it. Thankfully after getting fully recovered from the flu and starting some herbs my milk supply is back up and we aren’t having to supplement anymore. We saw the pediatric dentist and while Ava Kate does have some cavities to be filled he did make me feel a little better when he told me based on which teeth it was that the cavities were due to all the ear infections she had when she was younger. He also eased my nerves about the whole procedure, I had some bad experiences with the dentist as a child so I was having some anxiety about this. I still haven’t worked out much but I feel a little more hopeful that in the days ahead we will figure out our new routine and find a way for both me and Justin to get to the gym a few times a week. I have had a few girls night outs recently, a date with Justin, pedicures with a friend and enjoyed some time off with Justin and the kids last week for Spring Break so that all was very refreshing. We had a fun birthday party for Ava Kate and the preparations for that are now behind me. And I even got all of our closets cleaned out so I’m feeling I’m slowly chipping away at that lingering to do list. So while I’m still tired I don’t feel so weary. I know I am blessed to be a mommy, a dream I had for many years. I am learning through that to let go of some of my perfectionism. God is teaching me a lot about priorities and right now that is my kids not my to do list. I am thankful for the joys, trials, tears, laughter, frustrations, questions that come with being a mom! God is using all of them to grow me!

No comments: