Friday, August 29, 2008

10 Weeks

Sorry it has been a while but our internet has not been working. I am now 10 weeks along. The baby is the size of a kumquat which my boss had to look up online for me because I wasn’t sure how big that was. It has completed the most critical part of its development. My update says the baby is kicking up a storm. I can’t wait to actually be able to feel that. A week from today we'll head to Lubbock for our last appointment and sonogram there. They are weening me off my shots so now I am down to only one every other day and they will draw blood at next Friday's appointment and let me stop shots for good if things still look good. Yippee! This week I went back to the gym for the first time since before we started this round of IVF. My nurse told me it was okay for me to return to any form of exercise I was doing before I got pregnant. It felt so great to get in some good workouts and break a good sweat. I am an endorphin junkie! The nausea has really eased up in the last week. I feel good most of the time with just some occasional moments of queasiness. Maybe I’m nearing the end of that fun part of pregnancy!

This past weekend we went with Justin’s parents and his sister, Lisa and her husband Steve to one of our favorite places to getaway, the Gruene Mansion Inn in Gruene, TX. We make at least one or two trips there a year. It is a perfect place to getaway for the weekend. In fact the last time we were there was at Spring Break when we decided to getaway after our first IVF cycle had failed. It was fun to be back there celebrating this time! We did a lot of shopping in the cute little shops. A couple of months ago a new baby shop opened and they have some darling things in there. We will definitely be making a trip back once we know if we are having a boy or girl. Of course we ate lots of good food especially at our favorite place there, the Gristmill. Saturday night Justin’s sister had bought tickets for all of us to go to the Radney Foster concert at Gruene Hall. It was a lot of fun but a little smokey and I was feeling very protective so I did move to the back to get away from all the smokers. It was a great time just hanging out with Justin’s family. Sunday everyone had to get back early so we drove to Austin to attempt to do some maternity clothes shopping. We got to stop by and see my Uncle Nathan and Aunt Sarah and their girls, Lila and Laney. It is always a treat to see them. I sure do love those girls! After that stop we headed to the mall and had a pretty unsuccessful shopping trip and headed back home. Its funny how much more tired a little weekend trip can make me now. I'm always ready to get back to my own bed.

Steve was MIA here
Yes that is a pig jumping out of his hat! The man with many costumes.
Chowing down at the Gristmill with Steve & Lisa's neighbors
A complete family photo
In front of the Gruene Mansion Inn

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wait. is that man with the pig hat your brother in law?!

Kimberly said...

you're going to be the cutest pregnant momma ever! look at you in those boots! love it!
can't wait to come see you again.