Saturday, August 16, 2008

8 Week Sonogram


Yesterday we went to Lubbock again for another sonogram. We were both amazed at how much bigger the baby is and how much more visible everything was. The baby measured right at 8 weeks and 3 days which is exactly how far along I was. The heartbeat was a 167 which the nurse said is perfect. It just blows my mind to think how much difference there was than the first sonogram we had only about 11 days before. We will go back to Lubbock on September 8th for our final appointment and sonogram there. I know that day will be bitter sweet. We will be thrilled to not have to make that drive anymore however I really think I will miss seeing some of the staff especially my nurse Kristen. She really is such a special part of this baby's beginning, all of the nurses and doctors there are but she will always have a special place in my heart. Without Kristen I'm not sure I would have been able to try a second round of IVF and then to be able to get through it with so much peace- I really think she had a huge part in that. She went above and beyond her job and she really cared about us. When we saw her yesterday she said she had been anxiously waiting all week for our appointment. You just don't get medical care like that very often. When we go in a few weeks for our final sonogram the doctor will make her guess as to whether we are having a baby boy or girl. Yesterday the rest of the staff said her guess is usually right. It will be so exciting to be able to call our baby by its name soon. I'm going to add a poll so everyone can put their guess as to whether it is a boy or a girl.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW, what a precious baby developing inside of you! It is truly a miracle.

Your sweet words to your baby make me cry. I can't wait to meet him or her.

I voted boy though, don't know why just a feeling.

Love,
Steph

Kimberly said...

I love seeing the picture your little baby growing inside of you! After all the prayers for this special miracle, I am more anxious to hold him/her in my arms. I know you are too!

And I know regardless of who your little one turns out to be, you'll be one of the most wonderful mothers and I'm blessed to have the opportunity to journey through life with you!

All my prayers for a healthy, happy baby!