Monday, August 4, 2008

One Precious Baby!


We had our first sonogram this morning and there is one precious baby in there! We were able to see the fluttering heartbeat which was really amazing! I know a lot of you were pulling for two but I have to say we are pretty thrilled to have this one wonderful miracle to lavish all our love on! I also was a little worried about premature birth with twins and so now I don't have to worry about that so much anymore. We will have another sonogram August 15th and hopefully will be able to see a little more of our pearl. Now we get to wait and see if we are having a baby boy or girl. We will have a sonogram at 11 or 12 weeks and the doctor will make her guess however it is still pretty early to tell at that point. I think we actually have names picked out- Ava Kate is definately the girl name and has been for almost four years now. This weekend we had decided on Eli James for a boy name and I think it will probably stick. Either way we will be overjoyed! I am at 6 weeks 5 days today. The morning sickness has definately kicked in and it doesn't seem to be morning only more like off and on all day. While it is not exactly pleasant I think I would rather be feeling this than nothing. It is just a reminder of the miracle growing inside of me! I'm also taking a nap just about everyday which is why I was late getting this posted today. Thank you for continuing to pray for us and our baby especially through these first few months.

5 comments:

Aaron, Lacey, Audrey and Elle said...

I like the names you've picked a lot! I love the name Kate. We were actually going to use that as Audrey's middle name but we decided on Katherine instead. I can't wait to find out what you guys are having - I want to get you a baby gift. I remember feeling exactly the way you do right now. Isn't it funny how throwing up and feeling so weak can actually comfort you in early pregnancy ;) And the cramping you'll probably feel next is just a sign of your little one growing so fast and stretching everything around in there! We're so thrilled for you guys. Get plenty of rest and know that we'll keep praying!

Roman's Roost said...

That is awesome news! I have been Keeping up with you through Andrea. I have been praying for you and will continue to throughout your pregnancy. God Bless you and your family. Enjoy being prego!

mrsrobinson said...

I just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm Trav's sister so I have known Justin for years. Anyway, I am extremely excited for ya'll and will keep you in our prayers.

Aaron, Lacey, Audrey and Elle said...

Yes, the labor was quite an experience! But, she's here and she's safe and that's what counts right!? I'll send you our address via myspace. I'm glad you got your sono pic posted. We used to take our thumb drive to our sonograms and they would save all the pics to it for us. It made uploading the pics so easy!

Take care of yourself! That little blessing of yours is growing like crazy right now :)

Kimberly said...

Yea!!! We will now start praying for your pearl by the names you listed and in a few more weeks, find out who he or she is! I'm looking forward to watching your baby bump grow!