Wednesday, August 13, 2008

To My Sweet Little Bean

I’m sure this will be the first of many notes I’ll write to you. You are 8 weeks old today and the size of a kidney bean. I know that is not very big but you have come a long way in the last 8 weeks. You now are developing your fingers and toes which I can’t wait to kiss and squeeze. I wonder if you’ll have my long fingers and toes. Friday we get to see you again and we are both so excited to see how much you have grown and changed and to see that flutter of your heartbeat again. For being so small you sure can suck up all of my energy and do some numbers on my tummy. All those moments of exhaustion and queasiness are just reminders of you, our wonderful miracle growing inside of me.

You truly are our miracle baby. By the time you make your arrival into this world we will have prayed and hoped for you for 5 years. While those years seemed very long and difficult at times now they seem like nothing. You will probably learn very fast that your mama is not a very patient woman and that is something I have had to learn a lot over these years and I am continuing to learn as I have to wait another 7 months before I get to hold you in my arms.

There are so many things I look forward to doing with you. Another thing you will quickly learn about me is I love music, singing and dancing very much. I can’t wait to rock you to sleep at night and sing you lullabies- the ones my mom sang to me along with some I’ve grown to love over the years. I will also be so excited to have a partner in my Saturday morning concerts. You are probably wondering what exactly this is. Well on Saturday mornings I like to wake your daddy up with a concert which usually consists of me attempting to sing and dance on the bed while your daddy tries to catch a few more zzz’s. He typically doesn’t join me in my fun but instead just sits and looks at me as if I have lost my mind but I know deep down he really loves those concerts. I’ve always told him I couldn’t wait to have a little rock star of my own to join me in my Saturday morning concerts. Lately I have been on a book buying spree. I just can’t wait to sit and read books to you before bed at night.

I also can’t wait to watch your daddy fall in love with you as I know he will. You are blessed beyond measure when it comes to your daddy! He is one of the kindest, gentlest and most compassionate people I have ever known. He already loves you deeply. I can hear it in his voice when he leans over to my tummy and talks to you. While I know he would love for you to be his little golf partner, if you were to end up being a dancer (which wouldn’t hurt my feelings) or soccer player or pianist he will be right there with you cheering and coaching you along. Me on the other hand, well let’s just say your mama is a little bit competitive and when it comes to any competition there is usually some screaming if I’m around. We’ll just hope I don’t embarrass you too much with all my carrying on. You will quickly learn that unlike me your daddy is a very patient person which is a good thing because he helps to balance in me out in that area. He is a patient teacher and I know he will be wonderful at teaching you many things from tying your shoes to riding a bike to helping you with your homework. I have a feeling you are going to have him wrapped around your tiny finger!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aubrey, you have me in tears! Your words to your baby remind me of how I felt about you when you were growing inside of me....I love you, Honey! You are going to be such a good Mommy....

Jason, Ashley and Addison said...

Aubrey,

I am so excited to hear that you are pregnant! I enjoyed just reading your blogs and catching up on how you are doing. I can just hear your voice as I read through your posts. Kathleen P. told me about your blog site and I could not wait to read about how you are doing. I will add your link to our site. You can read about our little one on our site too.

Much Love to you!

Ashley Hoyt

"He settles the barren woman in her home as a happy mother of children. Praise the Lord." Psalm 113:9

http://jasonandashleyhoyt.blogspot.com/