Saturday, September 6, 2008

A Bittersweet Day

Yesterday we went to Lubbock for our last appointment there. It was a bittersweet day. We got to have another sonogram and we are both still in awe of what we saw on that screen. The baby has grown and developed so much and really looks like a baby now. Watching the development of the baby just reminds me of what a detailed God we have that he worked out every intricate detail of the miracle of a life being formed. The baby was wiggling around a lot which was just so amazing to watch. It had one of its little hands in the air as if it was waving at us and it has the sweetest, tiniest little feet. I could have sat and watched it all day long. The doctor said it was still too early to tell if it is a boy or girl but she said she was guessing boy based on the heartrate of 164 and she said she thought she might have seen something. She said not to go out and buy anything though because it was just a guess. Dr. Dorsett sat in the room with us for a long time after our appointment just talking with us and letting us ask questions. Then she gave us a hug and we thanked her again for helping make our dream come true. Then we had to say goodbye to Kristen and the other nurses and receptionists. We sat at Michelle's desk for probably a good 15-20 minutes just talking to her and Kristen- I really didn't want to leave. We were all having a hard time saying goodbye. I know it may sound silly to some of you but going through IVF is a very emotional journey and the people at Dr. Dorsett's office, especially my nurse Kristen made it much easier and more bearable than it might would have been elsewhere. We finally pulled ourselves out of there and went to get some lunch. We had Freebirds one last time. It has been one of our frequents when in Lubbock. The road trip was fun for the two of us- we sang together and of course I did a little dancing. Baby better get used to dancing which I think it already is because we decided the wiggling it was doing on the screen looked a lot like dancing! Kristen called when we were on our way home to tell me that my bloodwork looked great which means...drumroll please...NO MORE SHOTS OR MEDS! Although my hips have gotten pretty tough and pretty used to those shots I know they are thrilled about this! Now we will start seeing my doctor here in Abilene. It will feel weird to be able to drive 5 minutes across town to see the doctor instead of driving 2 1/2 hours. Sometimes this wonderful gift God has given us still doesn't seem real but seeing that sweet blessing moving around on the sonogram yesterday made it very real. When we got home yesterday I was wiped out and pretty much crashed for the evening which is why I didn't get the blog updated until today. Below are some pictures of our precious little fig (baby is the size of a fig this week) and a picture of my precious nurse Kristen.



1 comment:

Kimberly said...

May God continue to bless this journey and your sweet baby boy or girl. I can't wait to pray for him or her by name and of course, meet them come one spring day!

Love you,
Aunt Kimberly