Monday, July 19, 2010

Day 1

Well I would say day 1 was fairly successful but isn't that typically how these things work? We are all pumped up the first day and haven't had time to get burnt out or make a mistake and then just throw in the towel altogether, that's usually what happens to me. I'm kind of an all or nothing gal who doesn't do all that well with flexibility. I managed to get up this morning to go to body pump with Jill and I'm sure tomorrow my legs will be thanking me for the many lunges we did. Besides having a workout partner now our upcoming beach trip has also been a good motivator lately for getting to the gym. I started off doing really well with eating, a banana before the gym, a yummy Greek yogurt, almond, berry and granola parfait for a mid morning snack and a pasta primavera Smart Ones for lunch. I'm not sure if the heat got to me or what but my stomach was really unsettled this afternoon so I came home a little early this afternoon and crashed for a while. When I woke up I was feeling better and really hungry so I didn't do as well with dinner, Justin picked up Chili's to go and I had a Santa Fe Chicken Wrap with french fries and blackberry tea. I can say I logged my food and workout on Sparkpeople tonight. I got multiple chances to work on my parenting skills tonight. Little miss was really testing who was the authority tonight, twice standing on the couch and saying "No" when I told her to sit down and finally hitting me with her plastic golf club so she went to time out three times tonight. Lacey, thanks for the book recommendation, I'm definately going to have to check that one out. I spent some time working on my bible study tonight and again just was in awe of how symbolic Ruth's story is of the story of Christ as our redeemer. If you are looking for a good bible study I very strongly recommend, Ruth: Loss, Love & Legacy by Kelly Minter. Each day I am convicted or moved in something new, I can't believe how many different lessons can be learned in one book of the bible. Today I was reminded that God is my source, I am His vessel and He can use me to encourage, help and minister to others but only if I'm plugged into Him and spending time with Him getting filled so I have something to offer others. And lastly I'm happy to report I didn't spend anything today. Now it is off to bed for me so I can get up bright and early in the morning.

No comments: