Friday, February 27, 2009

A Special Day!

Last Saturday my Papa and I finally got to have our date. He started taking me and my sister on dates back when we were little girls. I remember for our first date I wore a pretty little church dress and my mom even put my hair in rollers the night before. I was so excited to go on my first date. Papa asked me where I wanted to go eat and told me I could pick anywhere. I looked at him and said "Could we go to Arby's?" as if I was asking for him to take me to a five star restaurant. This time I got to treat. It was actually my Father's Day gift to Papa. Yes that is right we had our date about 8 months later. Between the two of us we had scheduled and rescheduled several times. I was so glad we finally got to have our date. It was a wonderful time of reminiscing and getting some good advice from Papa on becoming a parent for the first time. I have always looked up to him and my grandmother and they have both been such an example to me in their faith. They have set forth an amazing legacy for our family.
I really wanted to find a picture from our first date but haven't found it yet.

After lunch mom, grandmother and I continued to work on Ava Kate's quilt. Grandmother is the only veteran quilter of the three of us and that was a while back so we have really kind of been winging it but I think we have done pretty good for beginners. I do have to say that Nana has been the one to do most of the work especially last Saturday. Grandmother and I were there more for moral support. Thank you Nana and Grandmother!


Justin's mom also made Ava Kate a special blanket that she gave her at my baby shower. It is something she has been working on for several years. Thank you Grandma!

No comments: