Sunday, February 8, 2009

Showered With Blessings

Yesterday we had our first baby shower and wow were we blown away! The shower was absolutely beautiful from Susan's beautiful home to the table and the cake and the flowers and all the lovely people that were there. I had eleven hostesses and they went above and beyond on putting together a perfect shower. There was an abundance of everything- food, friends and lots of wonderful things for Ava Kate in fact I think I opened presents for close to two hours! I was so excited to have several friends travel from out of town to be there and some even surprised me! Lots of people brought books instead of cards and wrote a sweet note to Ava Kate in the books and of course I had to fight back the tears as I read them. We were truly showered with many blessings and as I looked around at all the special people in the room I realized how blessed we are to have so many wonderful people in our lives that already love this little girl like we do!









Last night we piled everything in the dining room until we had time to find it all a home. Everytime I walked by I was amazed! Today after Justin's mom and aunt left to go back to Houston we got after it all and were able to find a home for pretty much everything. This afternoon my mom came by and helped me put away the last of it and believe it or not everything has a place.

2 comments:

Robyn said...

You were "showered with blessings", but only because you've blessed so many others. Ava Kate is a lucky girl to have such an amazing mommy and daddy! I truly cannot wait to meet her!

Jason, Ashley and Addison said...

Wow! It looks like you had a beautiful baby shower. You all are so blessed! I know that little Ava Kate will gets lots of love from her family and friends!