Monday, June 30, 2008

Retrieval is Wednesday!

Well we are here in Lubbock and have been here since Sunday. We decided it would be better if we just went ahead and stayed here for the 3-4 days we would have to be here in a row. I had an appointment yesterday and another one today. We have eaten lots of good food, went to see the movie Get Smart and done a little shopping while we have been here. It has really been nice not to have to drive back and forth the last two days. Dr. Dorsett did my sonogram today and she said it was obvious I was ready- I have several very large follicles. She told me my ovaries were probably 3 times their normal size and let me just say I can tell. I am very bloated/swollen in my lower abdomen and I have to go to the bathroom like every hour because my ginormous ovaries are pushing on my bladder. I have also found that driving over speed bumps is not a very pleasant experience. The tendernous in my abdomen has pretty much gone away though so I am sleeping a lot better at night. I am finding that I need at least one nap a day and we aren't talking a 30 minute power nap but more like a 2 hour marathon nap. They have scheduled my retrieval for Wednesday morning at 11:00am. I will take my last shot for a few days tonight at midnight and then go in tomorrow for bloodwork at noon. Then we will head back to Abilene to get in one more acupuncture session before the retrieval. We will spend the night at home tomorrow night and check on the dogs- hopefully they have not been keeping the neighbors up barking at night. We'll head back to Lubbock Wednesday morning for the retrieval and will come home that afternoon or evening. Last round it took me about 5 hours to get up from the retrieval. They put me to sleep for that and that was my first experience with anesthesia and it seems it knocks me out pretty good. I'll probably be in bed most of the day Thursday recovering and I will probably post an update that day- by then we should know how many embryos we have to start with. Please pray for lots of healthy and mature eggs and sperm. Please also continue to pray for safe travel, peace, patience and hope. We have definately felt your prayers already!

1 comment:

that boy mitch, big O, and me! said...

We are thinking and praying for you today! Can't wait to hear how things are going.