Saturday, December 1, 2012

Advent Day 1

Advent season is my favorite time of the year!  We were all so excited to start our advent activities, have Buddy our elf return and start a new tradition with our advent devotional and ornaments. 

I was so excited when I found out my friend Angelique was organizing an advent ornament party to go along with the "A Meaningful Christmas" advent book.  Each person was assigned one of the advent days and an ornament to go along with and we made 24 of each of our ornaments.  Then we all got together to trade ornaments so everyone went home with one of each of the 24 ornaments that go along with the book.  I won't lie, there were moments while making the ornaments I wondered what I had gotten myself into but coming home with that bucket full of ornaments made with love was all worth it. 

Today Buddy returned and was caught ziplining through the living room on a candy cane! Our advent activity was writing a letter to Santa. And our advent devotional was the Alpha and Omega. I'm looking forward to enjoying the fun activities of the season but even more so to using the advent devotional to help us keep our focus on the real meaning for this wonderful time of year!

And on top of all our advent fun we also had Eleanor's birthday party which was a blast and very creative!  The kids all got to paint a canvas with their initial, such a cute idea!












 










No comments: