Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Catching Up with Family & Friends

Last weekend we headed off to Bedford for a quick trip to catch up with friends and family. On our way into town we stopped off at Central Market, one of my faves, to catch up with one of my college girlfriend’s Rayshelle, and her family. We hadn’t seen each other in over 5 years so we got to meet each other’s babies for the first time. Ava Kate had a blast with Emme and Rowan while their daddies chased them around the play area and Rayshelle and I got to catch up on the last several years. After that we headed on to Justin’s Aunt Linda and Uncle Jerry’s, our home away from home for the weekend. I love staying at their house in fact when I first moved to the metroplex after college they let me live with them for several months while I saved money for an apartment after meeting me only once. I still am amazed at what generosity they showed me and still do! Linda is the best hostess, she always has the yummiest food at her house and makes you feel so at home. We got to enjoy the pool Friday morning and Linda even treated me to a workout with her personal trainer which is a good thing considering the amount of calories I would be intaking over the next few days! Friday night Jerry treated me, Justin, Will, Terry and Jeff to Ranger’s tickets. Ava went with Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Jerry & Lala (Aunt Linda) to dinner while we had an adults night out. I hadn’t been to a Ranger’s game in years and am more about the atmosphere, food and people watching so I didn’t mind too much that we got beat by the Astros, of course this made the experience even more pleasant for Justin, an Astros fan. It rained a little but we were sitting on the first row back under the 2nd level so we had perfect seats, we got to enjoy the cooler air thanks to the rain without getting wet! Saturday we did some shopping, Ava raked in the loot at the Baby Gap sale! That evening we got to meet up at Uncle Julio’s with our friends the Kaebels and their four kiddos- Jensen, Zoey, Izzy & Zeke. Sunday we got to spend the day with all of Justin’s family, everyone came over to the house for Linda’s amazing pulled pork tacos! We did some swimming, a lot of eating and visiting. We got to meet sweet baby Ben Sunday night when we met Keelan and Peyton for dinner. It was our first time to meet baby Ben and he is adorable! Monday Justin and his dad played in a golf tournament in ACU so Ava and I headed up to Denton to visit friends at Peterbilt. We did our usual lunch visit and ordered in NY Sub, one of my favorite sandwich shops ever. Unfortunately not everyone was working that day so we didn’t get to see everyone but we had a great visit with Marla, Tina & Darlene and even got to meet Marla’s new grandbaby Tyler and visit with him and his mommy Brittney. Unfortunately I did a really bad job of documenting the weekend and missed out on lots of photo ops so we didn't get pics with everyone. It was a great weekend of catching up with family and friends!





No comments: