Thursday, June 24, 2010

Happy Dado's Day!

I’m so blessed to have such loving and thoughtful men in my life. For the last 9 years Justin has supported, encouraged, pampered, spoiled, forgiven & loved me through the beautiful times and the dark times. His love is a love I often feel I don’t deserve and a love I often take for granted. It is a love that looks very similar to God’s love for me and for that I feel very blessed! Now I get to watch him as a father to our precious baby girl and I am so thankful for the way he loves her, teaches her, plays with her, encourages her, comforts her & adores her. I had high expectations for the kind of father he would be too because I have such a wonderful father who has loved me unconditionally, sacrificed and worked very hard for me, been an example to me in his faith and walk with the Lord and taught much about family, faith, love and work over the years. Not only that but he is also one of the funniest men I know! I was lucky to get to grow up a few blocks down from my grandparents and my papa and I have always had a special relationship. He has taken me on dates since I was a little girl and it has always been something we’ve both treasured. I also have a father in law that has always treated me as one of his own. He loves to take care of us and cook for us!

For Father’s Day this year we spent the afternoon out at mom’s house after church. We had roast, potatoes, carrots, home grown green beans and cake. We enjoyed a relaxed afternoon together eating and visiting. My tradition the past few years has become to give the men in my life a gift card for a date with me for Father’s Day. I treasure those moments we get to spend together. Ava got her Dado, as she calls Justin lately, a sweet book about daddy’s and daughters. We got to celebrate again at dinner after Vince got back from Houston with spaghetti and more cake.




No comments: