Tuesday, June 22, 2010

15 Months


Love Bug,

Trying to remember all the milestones since your 12 month update is seeming next to impossible because it feels like lately each day brings some new word, attitude or activity for you. In the last 3 months I have truly watched you change from a baby to a toddler. You started walking about a month after your 1st birthday. Walking quickly turned into running. Your favorite thing now is climbing up and down steps, chairs, whatever you can find to climb. It seems like you have a new bruise daily from all your falls and stumbles, guess that is part of the age. When we ask you where your purses are you go and get both of your little purses and slide your arm through the handles and throw your wrist up in the air, I’m guessing you have watched your mommy a time or two. You also love to play in mommy’s makeup and hair product drawers in the bathroom. You have also discovered the toilets and think it is a lot of fun to splash your hands in the water! You like to play dress up with your Stella and Dot jewelry and you look pretty darn cute in it! You love to play with your flashcards. You still love music and dancing, in fact you and I like to watch So You Think You Can Dance together! You are still an outside girl and love to swing, swim and do just about anything outside. You are still pretty much sleeping through the night although every once in a while we have a rough night or two. You LOVE to eat and would seriously do it all day long if we let you, your favorites right now are avocados, black beans, spaghetti, bananas, yogurt, tomatoes, corn, grapes, snapeas, cheetos, ice cream and we can’t forget chocolate donuts! You are finally saying mama although still not nearly as often as dada which has now become dado! In the last few months your vocabulary has grown to include pop, grandpa, pretty sure you said grandma and nana at least once, outside, what’s this and what’s that are still two of your favorites, puppy dogs, Keller, papa, breakfast and I’m sure I’m forgetting some but one of your favorites and one that I was so not ready for you to learn is “BO!” (translated NO). Oh I really wasn’t expecting you to learn that word so quickly and say it with such a gleem in those big eyes! After a couple of instances of watching you stand up in your chair and when I told you to sit down and you adamantly responded “BO” I realized it was time to start disciplining you. We quickly learned hand squeezes and swats on your diaper weren’t going to work for you so we have implemented time out and you visit it at least once a day if not more. I also headed to Lifeway to pick up “The New Strong Willed Child.” Yes that is right you are a strong willed child but really can I say I’m surprised since your mommy and daddy both were too. After I had such a hard time moving you to your own bed and giving up nursing (yes you are finally weened) I figured I was going to have a hard time with discipline. I have to say though it isn’t quite as difficult as I thought it would be, not that I enjoy it but I have found that I really am motivated by love. I love you so I don’t want you to speak to your me and your daddy or anyone else disrespectfully, I love you so I don’t want you to stand in your chair and fall down and hurt yourself, I love you so I discipline you. You might be strong willed but you still are such a sweetheart! You love all of your family so and when you see them you just light up all over and look them right in the eye. You have a way of making us all feel so special and loved with your eyes and your smile! Your precious curls just keep multiplying and they melt me so! You are growing into such a beautiful, independent and funny little girl! You are such a delight to your daddy and I and bring us more joy than we would have ever dreamed.
I love you Ava Kate,

Mommy

P.S. I love all your funny little faces!








3 comments:

Kimberly said...

What happened to your little baby? She sure did grow up to be a beautiful toddler. I can't wait to see that smile in person.

Precious,

Unknown said...

It is amazing how fast Ava has grown up. I can't believe our little girls are walking, talking and already giving us attitudes. Can't wait to see you and Ava this summer. We will be coming to Abilene in July and I hope we can see each other.

Anonymous said...

She is so beautiful and adorable...but growing way too fast. Love you sweet Ava Kate. See you tomorrow at the parade if it is not raining.