Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy 3 Month Birthday to Our Funny Little Bunny!

Well I just wrapped up my second full week at work and obviously I'm not accomplishing much when I get home since it has been quite a while since I posted anything. Of course leaving Ava Kate every morning is always sad but I know her and her daddy are having a lot of fun together. The days go by fast and before I know it my little lovey is back in my arms. I cannot believe she is 3 months old already. That blows my mind. When I look back at newborn pictures of her it makes me a little sad to think she has already outgrown that stage of life and it felt like it happened in the blink of an eye. I remember some of those colicky days when people would tell me that by 3 months she would outgrow the colick I would think 3 months is a long time. Now though looking back I can’t believe it has already been that long. While sometimes I get a little sad that she is already growing up so much I sure do love this age. She is so responsive and happy and we are really seeing her little personality shine through. She loves to talk to us. The other night I was talking to my mom on the phone and she was just talking away- I guess she thought I was talking to her- so I put the phone up to her ear so she could talk to Nana and it sounded like she was carrying on a normal conversation. It was precious, her eyes would light up when she was listening and then she would respond in her sweet coos. She is also starting to put everything in her mouth- her hands, her clothes, her toys, pretty much anything she can get hold of. She enjoys tummy time for a little while at least and can push up on her hands and hold her head up. Her new favorite toy is her activity mat. She loves to lay on it and look at the flowers and butterflies and dragonflies and she often tries to have a conversation with them. She is really a strong little thing and has been since she was born. She was holding her head up in the hospital and she is already trying to pull herself up when we hold her. The other day I had her leaning on me in the rocking chair and she kept pulling herself forward so she was sitting up. She loves to be sitting up and when we hold her she wants to be facing out so she can see the world. I decided to get the bumbo chair out and see what she thought of it and she loved it. Her head is still a little bobbly for her to sit in it longer than a few minutes. She also rolled over from her tummy to her back for the first time this past week. We are enjoying our summer- spending lots of time with family and friends. Hopefully I'll get better at posting more frequently again but for now this mass update will have to do and sorry but the pictures are in no order- just a few favorites from the past few weeks including Keller's first t-ball game, swimming at the Pittmans, a trip to Brady to celebrate Lila and Laney's birthday, Laura's goodbye party at work and several favorites of my lovey.










































3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is so beautiful and I can see why you are sooo proud. What a blessing, I love each and every pic. We need to hang out sometime soon! Miss you and I will call Justin next time we have a play group.:)
Love,
Steph

Anonymous said...

She is a precious little girl! We had so much fun with her yesterday.Enjoy every second of this age they grow too fast!

Jenny Wakulat said...

Aubrey - She is just too sweet and cute for words. Happy Father's Day Justin :)