Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Shower for Kimberly & Griffin

Saturday I got to have a baby shower for Kimberly and sweet baby Griffin who will be making his arrival in about a month. Kimberly has been a special friend since high school. I still remember the many days we would go to my house after school to enjoy some of my mom’s sweet tea and homemade hot sauce while we poured out our hearts to each other about boys, friends and the other high school drama we were involved in. I also remember well the many nights we would go to each other’s house for dinner after we were married and living in the Metroplex and the two of us would leave Justin and Benjie at the house while we would take off on a Target or TJ Maxx excursion. Kimberly played a big role in Ava Kate’s arrival through her friendship and support and prayers in the whole process and also she was in the delivery room with us capturing those first moments on camera for us. She is someone I feel blessed to call my friend and I cannot wait to meet the newest Polnick in August. Griffin got lots of sweet things at the shower and didn’t his mommy look beautiful! Ava Kate got to be there to help celebrate too although she did a lot more sleeping than celebrating in fact after the shower she took a 3 hour nap in her bassinet. She also got to meet Kathryn for the first time, my dear friend and college roommate Kammi's little girl that is about 3 months older than her. We hope they too will be good friends one day!



2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Thank you Aubrey for opening your beautiful home and for hosting such a special celebration for Griffin and me. I can't wait for you to come to visit in a few weeks and meet him!

I treasure our friendship!

Oh- Creighton was looking at the shower pictures and he said, "Ooo. Mom, there's Aubrey. And there's those cupcakes. I love those cupcakes!"

Robyn said...

the table is precious! good job!