Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Two Month Checkup, First Road Trip & Back to Work

It has been an eventful couple of weeks at the Jarrett household. Last week Ava Kate had her two month check up. She weighed in at 12lbs 8ozs and was 23 inches long. She is in the 90th percentile on her weight and height. She is a growing girl that loves to eat! She also had to get her first round of shots which broke mommy and daddy's heart but she was a trooper. She was talking and cooing while we were waiting on the nurse and I just kept thinking you have no idea what is coming. She only cried for a few seconds though after her shots and then she was right back to smiling.
Poor baby!
Still smiling!

She also made her first road trip this past weekend. We met Justin's parents in Bedford at his Aunt Linda and Uncle Jerry's house Memorial Day weekend. She proved to be a perfect little traveler and slept the whole way there and the whole way back home. She got to meet Justin's aunt and uncle and cousins for the first time. Jerry and Linda have a beautiful backyard and Ava Kate really enjoyed sitting back there and listening to all the birds and meeting all her family. She also got to travel all over the metroplex to meet several of our good friends from our days of living in that area. It is so fun for the people that had prayed with us for a baby to finally get to meet the answer to their prayers!
Smiling for Aunt Linda!
Talking to Moony!
Cousin Josh, the family comedian
Sleeping on Granma- oh so cozy!
Kisses from cousin Terri
Snuggling with cousin Jarrett
Sweet cousin Joey
Precious Marla one of mommy's Peterbilt friends
Mommy's sweet friend Shannon
Watching a movie with Karson, Shannon, Zoe & Jensen- sweet baby Izreal was already in bed!
At Todd & Christi's house where mommy and daddy used to meet for small group

Meeting Keelan and Peyton at Mi Cocina for some yummy tacos!

Yesterday was my first day back to work. It was very hard to leave my little lovey and of course I cried not once but three times yesterday. Once I was there though and got into my work the day went fast and I realized it was not going to be as bad as I thought it would. Although when I got off work I nearly ran all the other cars off the road racing to get to her. She had a great day with her Nana and was a perfect angel for her. Today was a little easier to leave since I knew what to expect. It definately makes me appreciate my time with her even more! Today was Justin's last day of school so she will be spending all summer at home with daddy which will be great bonding time for the two of them. And thankfully we don't live very far from my office so I can run home at lunch to see them.

2 comments:

Jenny Wakulat said...

I was wondering when you were going back to work. Sounds like everything worked out well. I am definately going to need to know how you get through the day because I haven't even started maternity leave and am dreading going back to work. Ava Kate sure is a cutie!

Brennon said...

Seriously - she is beyond beautiful! Congrats!! I was the same way when I went back to work after my first. Driving to work the first day was absolute torture & lot of tears, but seeing that she's doing well there & then amazingly cherishing your time with her even more makes it all okay. You all will do great!