Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A Long Awaited Day

The past few years Mother's Day has been a little bittersweet. Of course it is always a special day to celebrate the special women in my life. My mother and grandmother have both been such wonderful role models to me of what a godly mother should look like. At the same time though it was also a painful reminder of what my heart longed so deeply for but did not yet have. Last year we had just gone through our first IVF cycle and learned a couple months before that it did not work. What a different Mothers Day this one was! This year I got to hold my baby girl in my arms and celebrate my first Mother's Day with Ava Kate. We also got to dedicate her at church Sunday morning and she wanted to be sure to be noticed- she screamed through the whole thing. It was a very special day!









3 comments:

Rachaellh said...

Aubrey,
Congratulations on your first mother's day and here's looking forward to many, many more. I so enjoyed getting to visit the other day and I must admit that I am madly in love with Ava Kate! She is so beautiful and has the most gorgeous lips I have ever seen.

Baby McMinn said...

Don't worry Stone screamed through the whole thing last year. She looks so cute.

Anonymous said...

I am so thrilled you now have a new and wonderful reason to celebrate Mother's Day! You are a wonderful one, I can tell.