Sunday, May 17, 2009

Two Months Old


I can hardly believe our baby girl is two months old today. She is smiling more and more especially in the morning when she wakes up. She sits in her bouncy seat while I get ready in the morning and smiles and coos at me. It is probably my favorite time of day with her. She is cooing and squealing and definately beginning to find her voice. Sometimes when she is trying so hard to talk to us she coughs instead- I find it to be quite adorable. She also smiles a lot when daddy comes home from work as soon as she hears his voice or sees his face. We are definately seeing more and more of her little personality developing. The other night we went for a walk and she kept looking at each of us and smiling and raising her eyebrows up and down as if she were trying to amuse us. She loves her cousins and saves some of her biggest smiles for them. She still loves to be on the go and meeting new people. She is really starting to fill out and is getting some yummy leg and arm rolls! She loves bathtime with mommy at least most nights she does. Her bouncy seat from Hannah is one of her favorite places to be- thank you Hannah! She went to the zoo for the first time with Nana and Ethan and of course she slept through it all. She also went for her first swim in Nana's backyard which was actually only her sticking her foot in the water and screaming because it was too cold. You can see from the pictures below in her swimsuit all that swimming really wore her out! I love that she is a snuggler and sleeping beside her is one of my favorite things! I have to go back to work in a couple of weeks and I'm dreading having to be away from my lovey but I know her and her daddy are really going to enjoy spending the summer together and I'll cherish every moment I have with her that much more. She goes for her shots this week and I'm sure that is going to break not only her heart but probably mine and Justin's even more. Today we had our first professional photo shoot with her and she was not all that thrilled about it so we are going to try again later this week but here is the link to see some of the shots we were able to get today. http://blog.pure-photography.com/2009/05/17/baby-ava-kate/ Debbie the photographer is wonderful and so patient with fussy babies- I highly recommend her! This morning we sat next to a couple from church who have a baby that is only about 2 weeks old and it made me a little sad to remember when Ava Kate was that tiny and to think how quickly the time has gone. Sometimes at night I can't help but just lay in bed and stare at her. And sometimes I look at her and still cannot believe she is here and she is ours- our dream come true! I feel so much love for her sometimes I think my heart could burst. She is such a joy, such a gift and a treasure! Thank you God for this wonderful blessing! These are just some of my favorite pictures of her over the last month in no particular order.
























5 comments:

Jenny Wakulat said...

I love the tutu! How sweet! Your birth announcements were precious also. I know the time goes by so fast. I wish they could stay tiny forever!

Kimberly said...

I love her! I can't believe she's two months old either, but she'll eventually be a two year old taking over your house. I know you cherish these tiny moments with your little girl.

And I'm so glad you decided to do the professional pictures. She did a great job and I can't wait to see the others.

Rachaellh said...

I love all the new pictures! She is gorgeous!

stefani said...

aubrey...she is just BEAUTIFUL!! i mean it, WOW! she's like a doll you see in the stores! :) love you

Robyn said...

she's such a perfect mixture of the two of you, and her aunt natalie! she's gorgeous! i love the picture of you and her in her room! how wonderful! i can't wait to spend time with you girl's this summer! love you!