Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Letter to My Bird

My sweet little bird,
You have become my only thought these days. I have definitely entered the nesting phase probably a bit early but all I want to do is prepare everything for you. I have a hard time sitting down and resting because all I can think about are all the things I want to get done for you before you arrive. I am probably driving your poor daddy crazy with all my to do lists. Every penny I have I want to spend on you. I am a lover of fashion- shoes, purses and pretty clothes but ever since I found out about you I could care less about any of those things unless they are for you. It is amazing how much a tiny little life can so drastically change you even before I have gotten to hold you in my arms and look in your sweet eyes. I can only imagine that in that moment this love and this desire to provide you with everything you need is only going to be magnified. Feeling you move has also become an obsession. I just sit with my hand on my tummy waiting for your next move. It is just such an amazing thing to feel you move and to have those sweet moments with you. One night not too long ago I woke up in the middle of the night and just couldn’t get comfortable. As I was laying there you started moving and you kept moving for quite some time. I just laid there enjoying feeling your every move and praying for you and your future. It was one of my favorite moments with you so far. One of my favorite past times these day is just to sit and dream about you. The other day your daddy said "Gosh I'm ready for her to get here, I'm just so ready to see what she is going to look like." I feel exactly the same. It is sort of a conflicted feeling because I enjoy so much knowing you are growing inside of me and seeing and feeling you move but at the same time I'm so anxious to actually be able to hold you in my arms and finally see your sweet little face! What a wonderful and amazing blessing you already are to us!
I love you dearly!

Your mommy

No comments: