Thursday, November 20, 2008

22 Week Update

Sorry I’m a bit delayed in my update. The last two weeks have been pretty busy. I finally got the 20 week belly photo added to my last post. I'm not doing a very good job keeping up with this. We enjoyed our weekend with Justin’s mom and I survived another busy Christmas Carousel weekend. My good friend Hannah was in town with her two little girls last week so we also got to visit with them. Campbell is as cute as can be and JoAnna kept us very entertained. It was fun to see what we have to look forward to in the coming months and years. My grandmother returned safely from her mission trip to Tanzania. We are all very glad to have her back home safely. I know it was an experience she will never forget and we enjoyed getting to hear about her trip over pizza Friday night while also celebrating her and papa's 55th wedding anniversary. They have created an amazing legacy for our family! Friday night Keller was not ready to leave grandmother and papa’s and so I told him he could stay and spend the night with us. He hadn’t spent the night with us since before we got pregnant and I figured we better have our slumber parties now because I think it will be a while before we are up for that once Ava Kate arrives. We really talked up the special pallet that we made for him in the floor beside our bed and he was so excited to get in it. Since I sleep with about four pillows now Justin doesn’t get left with much space so I knew having all three of us in the bed would be a bit too crowded. He did good and Uncle Justin was sweet enough to lay down on the pallet with him until he fell asleep. About 1:30am I woke up to a little wimper as Keller crawled into our bed. Needless to say we got a taste of what the nights to come will be like. Saturday morning Justin and Keller went to get us donuts- that is one of Keller’s favorite things!

Ava Kate’s crib and all her stuff were starting to take over the guest room so we decided it was time to start getting the office cleaned out. Justin and a friend got the big furniture moved out Saturday. Sunday Justin and I spent all day in a reorganization frenzy! It was absolutely crazy. Cleaning out the office turned into cleaning out not only the office but also the laundry room, several closets, the armoire, bookcases and the garage. And when I say cleaning out I mean we literally pulled everything out and went through it and put it all back. In the end though we ended up with a completely empty office ready to be transformed into a nursery and lots more storage for all the baby things that will soon be filling our house. All the dust we encountered in our big cleaning project seemed to stir up my allergies which then turned into a miserable sinus infection. Fortunately we already had an appointment with Dr. Mascarro Tuesday so she was able to confirm it was indeed a sinus infection and give me some medicine. Today I’m finally starting to feel a little better. One day in bed doesn’t bother me but after two I start getting a little crazy so I was very happy to be feeling well enough to get to go back to work today. Since we got the office all cleaned out Justin started painting last night. He got her closet painted and we are hoping to get the room done by the end of the weekend so we can move all of her stuff out of the guest room next week before Grandma and Grandpa arrive for Thanksgiving!

My Precious Grandparents Celebrating 55 Years!


I just had to include a photo of this darling little tutu we got for our precious ballerina!


Our handyman!

1 comment:

Baby McMinn said...

That tutu is the cutest thing ever!
I am so ready for Ava Kate to arrive.