Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Nursery

We have accomplished quite a bit on the nursery in the last couple of weeks. It is now painted a beautiful rose color with a pretty pink shadow ceiling- between Justin, mom and I we got it done in a weekend. The closet has also been painted and all of her little clothes are hanging in it. Justin painted and distressed her dresser and her bookshelf. The dresser already has clothes in it and the bookshelf is already full of all the books we have bought for her along with the ones of mine my mom saved for me. My dad and Justin got the chandelier partially hung although it is going to have to come down and have a little work done since a couple of the lights are not working. Four of the eight fabrics for her bedding, curtains and rocker have arrived and they look just beautiful with the paint color. Justin is working on priming and painting her crib which has been a little more of a project than I think either of us had imagined. By the end of the week we will probably have the rest of the fabric for her room along with the changing table and nightstand. So check back in the next week or two for more photos! You will notice in the pictures all the decorative items are just spread throughout the room. I want to wait until all the furniture is in its place before I hang anything. I have definately been in the nesting phase. I find it hard to sit down at all and I pace the hall and constantly pop my head in and peak in the nursery. I finally had Justin put the rocker and ottoman in there even though they haven't been reupholstered yet so I would have a place to sit. I love to sit in there and look at all her little things and dream of the day I get to sit in there and rock her and sing lullabies to her and read to her. You'll notice in the picture below we have our travel system now too. That was our Merry Christmas from Nana and Pop. What a wonderful Christmas gift that we will get lots of use out of!

My belly has really started to pop in the last couple of weeks- Thanksgiving helped with that. We also can see her moving now which is one of the coolest things I have ever seen and also a little surreal! Sometimes we both will just sit staring at my belly for the longest time just waiting to see her move again. I think I finally am about over the nasty sinus infection I had for a couple of weeks. I'm just so thankful to no longer have to take any medicine. I know the doctor says it is okay but you still can't help but worry about how it is impacting the baby. We were able to get back to the gym this morning which felt great! I always feel so good when I go back after I've been out for a while. I just feel like I could do anything when I'm in there on the bike getting my heart going and blood pumping. Right now life is good, no great! It is my favorite time of year, I feel good, I get to enjoy feeling my precious little bird moving all through the day and only about 3 more months until I get to meet her in person! I feel tremendously blessed and thankful right now! "The Lord has done great things for us and we are filled with joy!" Psalm 126:3
Freshly painted!
Didn't daddy do a great job on the bookshelf!
All her little clothes and shoes hanging in her closet and don't forget the tutus!
The pretty chandelier and dresser and my favorite seat in the house right now!
Merry Christmas from Nana and Pop! Thank you!
24 Week Belly Photo!

1 comment:

Baby McMinn said...

Ava Kate I am not sure if you will ever wear the same outfit twice. I love her room it is coming along we can't wait to meet her. Stone wants her to wait a week until after his Birthday so you can make him yummy cupcakes.