Wednesday, September 10, 2008

12 Weeks

My precious baby,
Today you and I have reached a milestone. We have hit the 12 week mark. While I didn’t wake up with a new burst of energy and the nausea hasn’t quite gone away it is still an exciting day and I’m sure those days too will come soon. You are fully formed although you are still quite small, about the size of a lime. You are moving around inside of me and seeing that last Friday was the most amazing thing I have ever seen. You are also starting to wiggle your sweet little fingers and toes now. Sometimes it feels like just yesterday that you were only an embryo and we were having our transfer. Oh how my heart ached for you to thrive and grow into a precious baby as you have. I prayed and I really had a great deal of hope that this was it, the moment I had been longing to experience for so long. God gave me such a sense of peace through all of that and through these first 12 weeks. He is so good to me and you my dear little one are one of the greatest examples of his love for me. I know He has great plans for your life for you see you are a miracle baby. One day I will tell you the story of your creation, of all the people that prayed with us for you for many years, of the wonderful doctors and nurses that helped us but most of all of the miracle that God did when He blessed us with the gift of sweet little you. There are so many details of your creation that cannot be explained by science even the embryologist was stumped at your quality. I’m still in awe of what He did. I’m sure you will probably get tired of hearing me tell you about what a special gift you are but that won’t stop me from telling you over and over. While at times I can’t wait for you to make your arrival so I can hold you and lavish you with love, I’m also excited to relish every moment of you growing inside of me!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

What a priceless message for little Baby Jarrett and for you to read in years to come! You have no idea how quickly time passes once he or she arrives, so to journal each thought along the way is such a treasure to yourself.

God has blessed you indeed with this miracle- your child!

Loving you,

that boy mitch, big O, and me! said...

I love reading your sweet letters to your baby! I can't wait to meet him or her!