Wednesday, September 17, 2008

13 Weeks

This was a very exciting weekend for baby Jarrett. Friday night we had a big night. We met my parents, sister and two nephews at the fair. We had some yummy Aggie fries and burgers. Keller was much braver this year. He rode the ferris wheel with Justin which was a little scary at first but by the end he had a big smile on his face. He also rode the dragon roller coaster with Nana and liked it much better this year than last year when he rode it with Justin. Ethan enjoyed an ear of corn on the cob- he was pretty cute eating it with his little overalls on. Of course everyone had to have some dessert so most everyone had funnel cake but me and Keller went for the cotton candy. It was a lot of fun but also very hot and humid! Justin and I left early to head to the big rival game- Abilene High versus Cooper. In case you don’t know Justin is a Cooper alum and I’m a former Eagle so there was some family rivalry going on. It was quite an adventure just getting to the game. By the time we sat down I was pretty worn out and very hot and there was no breeze at all in that stadium. Thank goodness the Eagles pulled off a win, although it wasn’t the best game I’ve ever seen.

Saturday I got to help a friends mom get her registered for her baby shower. It was fun to look at all the sweet baby stuff and imagine picking things out for our baby in the coming months. Baby Green is going to be one well dressed baby girl. I almost had another fainting spell when we were at Surprise’s but after sitting down and drinking some water I was going strong again. One of my oldest and dearest friends, Robyn, was in town this weekend and so were her sister in laws. All of us along with her mother and all six kiddos headed to the fair again. Fortunately it was much cooler Saturday. I got to enjoy some more fair food and watch the kids enjoy the rides. It is always fun to spend time with the Pittman family because they are pretty much an extended family to me. After all that fun though I needed a nap and I got one. We spent the rest of the weekend with family and friends and resting. It was a pretty big and exciting weekend compared to how we have been spending most of our time the last few months.

Today I'm 13 weeks along. Officially at the end of my first trimester. I think I’m finally starting to get a little more energy and the nausea is pretty much gone now so maybe we will have more big weekends in the coming months. I figure we better do as much as we can while we still can. My first appointment with my doctor here in Abilene is next Wednesday and I’m really hoping she will do a sonogram and maybe be able to tell us if it is a boy or girl. We aren’t anxious or anything! Today Justin sent me an email with the meanings of the two names we have picked. Eli means "offering" or "the Lord answers" which gave me chills when I read it. This baby is such an answer to our prayers and the prayers of many others and it also reminded me of Hannah's prayer for a son, "If you give me a son I will give him to you all the days of his life." Ava means "voice" or "like a bird" which is also fitting considering how much I love to sing and hope one day my child will sing with me and I also really love little birds and nests and plan to decorate the nursery with them if it is a girl. Either way I think we have the perfect names for our sweet baby. I also figured it was time to start documenting the growing belly so below is my first belly photo. It is starting to be more noticeable and my wardrobe is getting more and more limited so I did a little bit of shopping Sunday and got a few cute things to get me through the next few months.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

you are still so tiny! i know you probably don't feel tiny, but you are so cute. i'm glad everthing is going well for your family.