Monday, April 30, 2012

Much to Celebrate!

The last month has brought with it many positive changes! First up, Jett is sleeping from 8:30pm-4:00am in his own bed, hallelujah! And because I’d miss our snuggling time at 4am I put him in our bed to feed him and go back to sleep. Next up I started a fit camp with the goals of losing the last few pounds of pregnancy weight, getting back into the habit of exercising regularly and getting back into running. And I can honestly say after one week I’ve made a lot of progress especially on the 2nd and 3rd goals. I’m enjoying getting to workout in the mornings again, my body is somewhat adjusting to getting up at 4am everyday and last Friday’s workout was nothing but running and I ran longer than I have in a couple of years and actually enjoyed it. And last and probably the biggest accomplishment, Ava Kate is also sleeping in her own bed again! Ever since she got E Coli this summer we let her sleep with us and never moved her back to her bed, I kept coming up with excuses like well she’ll know its because the baby is coming, then when Jett got here and he was sleeping in our bed I didn’t want her to feel like the new baby was booting her out, etc, etc. I had been dreading the transition since she is in a big girl bed and is pretty strong willed but it went amazingly smooth. She didn’t really fuss or fight us on it at all. Of course we’d been talking about it for a couple of weeks and finally Friday night I said okay Ava tonight you are sleeping in your own bed. We put her in bed, read her some books and lay with her till she falls asleep. She does usually wake up once in the night whining and one of us goes back in to settle her until she falls back asleep and then she stays in her bed until 6am. All this change is making for one very happy mama!!! And I think tonight we'll celebrate with some sort of special treat, which I may or may not write down in my fit camp food diary!

No comments: